Indianapolis MotoGP weekend of Aug 9 2015

jbot

FYI...4 day RV/Tow behind camping permit is only $150. *cough cough*

Just sayin'. :D

This is the route i will be taking this year. Going to call and get my spot reserved today.

What are y'all doing for tickets? Just gen admission, paddock, baller suite, etc? We're thinking of getting a one day paddock pass but not sure which day or of its even a good idear

Genl Adm then get good race day seats. Paddock seemed kinda pricey to me.

I think our tix are just around the turn a bit from that.

I think E is just one section further into turn 1. Does Penthouse E have restrooms and foot at penthouse level? I was surprised to see that all right behind our seats last year.

Never been there. We'll see.

We hadn't either until last year. Always got Box B tickets. Last year all weekend IMS was sending us emails or texts asking us if we wanted to upgrade to Penthouse B for a crazy price, like $75 to $100 per seat. So on Saturday we went up there to check it out. Right at the top of the stairs, to the left, restrooms, to the right, IMS concessions. Walk between the 2 and down to the seats. Great view, nice breeze, covered seating. Only downfall is the climb up and down. But no bathroom or concession lines!

We may go this year, but it's not in stone just yet. Gone the last 2 years and had a blast both times. CMHsprint tipped us off last year about the upper deck GA freedom on days 1 & 2, but we usually just hung out on the infield mounds raceday...otherwise known as sunburn central. Considered camping in Lot2 where we usually parked, met Turnone there last year - good locale with easy access to the west side entrance/tunnel

Would be great to meet up. Maybe during the qualifying/practice rounds or Meridian? I also met up with some bike-specific forum peeps at the Honda tent last year.

Edited by DAC

since there's a decent number of us going, any thoughts on a get together of any kind, or do you guys usually like to do your own things?

The get together is downtown. Downtown Indy puts on a helluva party for all the GP fans. 

I am going again, what a riot every year. The JW is one of the best locations downtown. It is pricey but close to the party and I can usually stumble my way back to the hotel after a night of fun downtown. Of course the GP event is sweet and the reason to go but make sure to head downtown for Motorcycles on Meridian. I look forward to it every year! -Mike

I am going again, what a riot every year. The JW is one of the best locations downtown. It is pricey but close to the party and I can usually stumble my way back to the hotel after a night of fun downtown. Of course the GP event is sweet and the reason to go but make sure to head downtown for Motorcycles on Meridian. I look forward to it every year! -Mike

I'm just like a block over at the Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal.

We all should get together for dinner Saturday night downtown.

The two nicer (I use this loosely) places I'd recommend for larger groups would be Fogo de Chao or Buca di Beppo. Elmo's too but good luck getting in. 

for beer and food, Ram, Granite City or Rock Bottom are all solid choices.