Marietta or Alegheny to ???

jhawk

I plan on taking off from Cleveland a Friday evening and head down to Marietta. Probably just slab it to get down there since I can't get on the road till 9ish. I normally ride 77-250-800-26-60-83 in a day to go there and back, but this time I plan to have Sat and Sun to ride, just need to be back by Sunday night.

What are some other must hit roads in the area?

Any must eat places?

Will probably just camp Fri night at one of the free spots along 26, any other places like that to stay Sat?

I have also found some fun roads in the Alegheny area to ride, 666 was a blast! Any thoughts on heading east vs south?

Thanks!

I have rode both areas quite a bit. I think south is better. 666 was closed last year, they had some bridges wash out. If you plan to head that way check to make sure it is open. I know they had repaired some, but not sure if they have fixed all of the bridges. If you take 62 to 666 you could take it to the kinzua dam area there is a road I believe it is 559 that runs into Bradford, PA. Not a real long road but was awesome with some eleveation change and great twisities. So good I turned around and rode it twice. 62 itself is decent

Sorry I messed up on those directions. You want to take 62 North to 6 East to 59 E to 770 N/E. If I remeber correctly it was 770 that was the 6-7mile run into Bradford that was fun. Other roads were decent. You can also include 27 that runs from Meadville to Titusville, which then you can run that over to 62. I often run 27 it is a fun route that is pretty close to me.