Suspension Setup Daytona 675.

TimTheAzn

Hey Guys,

When I had my sag/rebound set on my old 06 600rr it was a night and day difference. (It was setup for someone at least 50lb's heavier than I). I had MPH do my cbr when I had it.

I would like to do that on my 675 as well. I feel like my front forks are traveling too far as my zip ties are always close to the bottom of the fork. I would say 1" maybe a little more.

I hit up Ducati/ Triumph in Akron but they never got back to me... Anyone else have any suggestions where I could get this done? Anyone have experience in basic suspension setup that would like to help a fellow NEO'r out? 

Thanks in advance,

Tim

you want as much travel of the fork possible without them bottoming out.  i can't remember off hand if the 675 will bottom out 1" from the bottom of the fork leg or not.  but like i said you want to be able to use all of the available suspension travel without bottoming or topping the fork out.  correct rebound and compression setting also go along with getting the sag set.  a good suspension tech should be able to get you pretty close, but also inform you if the spring rate is to much or to little for you.  to little or to much spring rate will also reflect on how the damping works in the fork.  if the spring rate is to little tor to much the damping will not be able to compensate for the ill effects of the spring rate and will not be able to speed up or slow down the rate at which the fork compresses or rebounds from the effects of road surfaces, braking, or accelerating.

• Upvote 1

Hey Guys,

When I had my sag/rebound set on my old 06 600rr it was a night and day difference. (It was setup for someone at least 50lb's heavier than I). I had MPH do my cbr when I had it.

I would like to do that on my 675 as well. I feel like my front forks are traveling too far as my zip ties are always close to the bottom of the fork. I would say 1" maybe a little more.

I hit up Ducati/ Triumph in Akron but they never got back to me... Anyone else have any suggestions where I could get this done? Anyone have experience in basic suspension setup that would like to help a fellow NEO'r out? 

Thanks in advance,

Tim

I am by no means a motorcycle suspension expert...but I would be willing to help you set your static sag on the forks and rear shock utilizing this method: http://www.sportrider.com/ask-geek-set-your-static-sag  If you are willing to make a little road trip down to Canton.

Dave G.

it was really hard to set up my suspension alone :( thankfully found an article online with same rider weight and same bike. He listed down his setting "how many click" etc and i just blindly followed the same numbers and made a world of difference. May not be the best way to do it but surely helped a lot.

So long story short, check out forums other online sources for your bike and see if any reliable source of adjustment listed. Till you can get some help this will be good enough.

Edited by NinjaDoc

Yea I've been looking around. I personally think the bike handles fine, equal to or better compared to my cbr after I had the suspension setup. I am just concerned with my front fork travel.

Of course I thought the cbr handled well until I had about 50lbs worth of guns and 9mm in my backpack going to my buddies place to go shooting. I was like hmm my bike is more stable leaned over with a heavy backpack on... something is up haha.

Of course I thought the cbr handled well until I had about 50lbs worth of guns and 9mm in my backpack going to my buddies place to go shooting. I was like hmm my bike is more stable leaned over with a heavy backpack on... something is up haha.

Is your buddy Delonte West ;)

• Upvote 1