new jacket flaps in wind

Dweezel

okay, so I bought a new textile jacket last weekend, I like it except when I get to about 150 it starts flapping and shakes me pretty good. I got my pants today and tried sippering them together, helps a little but still does it. Anyone got any suggestions?

Textile is your problem. Fully perforated leather is what you want. I'd never wear textile. JR Speedmaster is like wearing nothing when you're moving, it is SO perforated, actually the whole thing has holes everywhere, I love it! Also, the JR Sonic 2.0 is fully perforated and the wind goes right through it. Wear the textile to keep you safe while walking, not riding. ;):p

But since you want to wear textile, it probably is too big like everyone else says homie. :)

Okay so the jacket is too big. It is a little large around the waist, lower chest areas, but it's the only thing I can get my arms and shoulders into. I'm thinkin about stopping by the alterations place and seeing what they can do with it, if they'd be willing to take it in at the bottom. Which also begs the question, why arn't there adjustment straps up the side. My friends girlfriends jacket has them... huh.

Also, whats so bad about textile?

Okay so the jacket is too big. It is a little large around the waist, lower chest areas, but it's the only thing I can get my arms and shoulders into. I'm thinkin about stopping by the alterations place and seeing what they can do with it, if they'd be willing to take it in at the bottom. Which also begs the question, why arn't there adjustment straps up the side. My friends girlfriends jacket has them... huh.

maybe you should put the donuts on the ground and do push ups to eat them instead of sitting at a table and doing the donut-curls.

but seriously, i like my textile jacket, though when i take the liner out there is a lot of extra room in it. it has a bunch of adjustment straps in the arms though to cinch it up, and two waist adjustments around my hips. it was way cheaper than leather and holds up to the chilly new england air pretty damn well (only wear a t shirt under it on 30 degree mornings).

To each their own. I live by "sweat wipes off, road rash doesn't" Textile doesn't even compare to leather and fully and I mean fully perforated leather is not hot at all. Also, at 150, it doesn't matter what jacket you have on, but the leather will provide better protection. I don't dress for the weather, I dress for the crash. To each their own though. That's my answer to your question.:)

Thats about what I'm reading, I wouldn't wear it to a track day or anything, but for the majority of what I do it should be fine. I plan on getting a 2 piece suite in the future, but needed something to ride in every day, since this thing is my main mode of transportation in the summer months.

I don't do 100+ very often, but I was chasing a killer mid 90's CBR900RR. yes, I was chasing him. thing was stupid fast, I held it till I saw the needle hit 175 and let off.

Thats about what I'm reading, I wouldn't wear it to a track day or anything, but for the majority of what I do it should be fine. I plan on getting a 2 piece suite in the future, but needed something to ride in every day, since this thing is my main mode of transportation in the summer months.

I don't do 100+ very often, but I was chasing a killer mid 90's CBR900RR. yes, I was chasing him. thing was stupid fast, I held it till I saw the needle hit 175 and let off.

I was chasing a killer seagull. yes, I was chasing him. thing was stupid fast, I held it till I saw the needle hit redline in 6th and let off. :(

nah dude, thing was punched out to 1280cc, he had the whole thing customised and built to the hilt. he said it put over 205 to the wheel on 93 and close to 215 on race fuel. He stopped at the gas station and I had to pull in and find out what he had done to it, the bike was awesome. Kinda miss matched tank/plastic, he's still working on it apparently.