Dipshit report

Gixxus Christ!

Spoiler alert: I'm the Dipshit.

Got a text from gsxkat1100 asking if I was done with his soldering iron. He lives 6 blocks from me. Decided to just grab my helmet, put his iron in my tank bag and ride down there in my work uniform.

New back tire. Gravel on black top. Shifted through neutral into first and dumped the clutch while braking (thinking I was in neutral) right in front of his house with him watching from his porch.

Back tire locked up at about the same time the front end bottomed out.

Went down hard at maybe 7 mph. Took some road rash to my left palm, forearm and knee.

Bike for the worst of it. Left fairing is fucked as are both mirrors.

Don't be a Dipshit. This is seriously one of 3 times I haven't rode atgatt. Figured '6 blocks, 25 mph, wtf?'

My injuries are minor but they wouldn't even exist if I had been wearing my gear.

I'm glad it wasn't worse, Sam. Let's all keep in mind that most accidents happen close to home.

I don't know why but this saying annoys me. Of course most accidents happen close to home. Statistically speaking, close to home is where a majority of your driving / riding happens so of course it's the case
  • Upvote 1

My worse motorcycle accident involving bodily injury..."test riding" a buddies brand new FZ1, at his house, in shorts, no helmet, in flip flops...dumped it when his driveway went from asphalt to gravel...I still have scars, better than 10 years ago now. Luckily wallet wise, the bike landed on me, and only suffered a broken mirror and scratched foot peg.

Financially worst motorcycle accident...taking my 1999 BMW K1200RS off it's center stand while standing to the left of it...it flopped over to the right, bringing me over on top of it...cost me almost $3000 in broken fairings and assorted misc. parts that were scratched.

I feel your pain.

You're never too old or wise to do something stupid and learn a lesson, at least you walked away from this one.

I was test-riding a KDX200 after some jetting in the garage, too lazy to put on gear, just a few laps around the yard and driveway. I always gear up, but this time I didn't.

Got on the gas pretty hard not expecting the jetting to be so good, lol, lofted the front end to the sky and my right foot instantly slipped off the peg, no rear brake to bring it down and I looped it. Landed on my back about 15mph in the gravel...shredded my ass and shoulders.

Washed my swingarm on the TL at a local car wash. Forgot about the rear tire being wet and gassed it hard through an intersection. Almost low-sided the bike, but somehow was able to use my brute manliness to keep it off the pavement. You should find some manliness for your next mishap. If I had extra, I'd let you swallow it.

Stick to trying to convince your wife to swallow.

I dumped the bike for the first time a couple weeks back. Shifted down (in a turn) to take a steep hill in a lower gear. The bike wasn't warmed up so it was already a little sputtery and dumped the clutch and went over. I broke a portion of the clutch lever off and left almost all my pride at the bottom of the hill. Luckily it was just the lever that broke. Nothing else even cosmetically.

Glad to hear you're alright!

Couple of my anti-gear, bobber riding friends took each other out last night (on a ride I purposely wasn't invited to) No injuries, thankfully. I guess they shouldn't have left their guardian angel at home ;)

You're never too old or wise to do something stupid and learn a lesson, at least you walked away from this one.

I was test-riding a KDX200 after some jetting in the garage, too lazy to put on gear, just a few laps around the yard and driveway. I always gear up, but this time I didn't.

Got on the gas pretty hard not expecting the jetting to be so good, lol, lofted the front end to the sky and my right foot instantly slipped off the peg, no rear brake to bring it down and I looped it. Landed on my back about 15mph in the gravel...shredded my ass and shoulders.

how fast is the KDX200?  I've been pondering trading the katana for one at a dealership. 

Oh I know. The power to weight ratio of a miata isn't enough to keep my attention anyway.

You're not driving the right Miatas :)  Sorry, my stepdad used to have a custom supercharged one.

Even if you weren't ATGATT, you still practiced risk management... You knew you wouldn't be on the highway, or riding at 100mph, so it's not like you stripped all the skin off a leg or an arm, or had anything amputated.  So look on the bright side, at least it was low speed :)  

this is why a supermoto is the bestmoto.  throw that fucker into the nearest bramble bush and bitch will start right back up. probably.  a couple $20 pegs levers whatever later, you're back on the road.

• Upvote 1

how fast is the KDX200?  I've been pondering trading the katana for one at a dealership. 

They're not rocket ships, but it's a very light 2-stroke and once it gets on the pipe it can squirt pretty quick. I was new to it and the jetting was fucked, so it was really unresponsive. Then, once I had it dialed in and really ripped on the throttle, it launched the front wheel to the sky right now.

They're an awesome woods bike, just perfect for the terrain around here.