Dog/vet surgery advice

Gump

I think he's just anti gun. He talks about how your proud of your gun....wtf does that have to do with euthanizing an animal?

I personally wouldn't shoot my dog because that's not the last thing I ever want to do with him. My vet is 10 min away and they don't use a steel table. I've had a dog put down there before and the staff was very accomodating and respectful. I can see how ending it yourself is a better option if the animal is suffering and the vet is a long uncomfortable drive away. I agree that serpent is more concerned with his feelings about guns than what's best for a suffering animal who's time is up.

I understand most people are classically conditioned to think being shot in the head is gross, terrible, mean, and painful but that is not true in the scenarios discussed in this thread. You're thinking more about your feelings than you are the pet.

Yep, and consciousness studies would support your conclusion.  There is little-to-no evidence that a conscious existence (as we would define it anyway), let alone an experience of pain, betrayal or other feelings do exist after massive brain trauma.  But could it?  Maybe, but I tend to believe that if consciousness transcends brain death, then that spirit would understand their owner's intentions and thus be free to pass on to another phase of existence.  However, each person's beliefs may vary, so in any case to presume that your emotions about shooting an animal are universal would be likewise... presumptuous.

blowing their head off with a gun is better? please stop getting pets. you're a horrible owner. sorry if you take offence to this but you're surrounded by your buddies here that makes you comfortable being proud of your gun but you're really a terrible person.

Tell me again about how bad your stupidity hurts. Once again your ignorance is blazing through.

We just spent $5500 having our dog's cateracts removed.    Then she developed acute glaucoma and needed a second surgery a few days later to save her newly restored sight.   They were only able to save one eye.  So now I'm $7500 poorer and my dog can only see in one eye.    Worth it?   I dunno.