full-sized double-action only 9mm?

redkow97

Tpoppa cool target, i need to print some of these.....im not super accurate with my carry gun...i can get all the rounds on paper, but they just arent grouped as nicely as i would like

OP - I second whoever suggested DA/SA..My carry gun is DA/SA so the first trigger pull is very heavy and then the follow up shots are fairly light....i dont remember without looking it up, but its around 11lbs/7lbs if i remember right....no external safety, so i like the heavy trigger pull....that gun isnt going to fire unless you intentionally mean to fire it, no worries about catching clothing in the trigger or any of that....ive known people who buy glocks, put competition triggers on them of like 2lbs, and then carry them daily....it just seems like an unnecessary risk to me

Self defense shooting is NOT target shooting.  If you're in a struggle, you'll be operating on adrenaline with maybe just seconds to act.

Many CCW pistols have small crappy sights.  Why?  Because if someone is attacking you there is no time to look through the sights anyway.  Ask a cop who's been involved in a shooting if they used the sights. 

If you really want to practice with a small CCW gun, try shooting 5 to 7 yds at a silhouette.  Hold the pistol in front of your chest (not using sights or even a laser) and quickly empty the mag.  If you have another mag empty that one, too.  Then do it again left handed.  

Any shot that hits the silhouette is a good one.

I agree that "aiming" isn't really a factor in a defensive situation, but if I want to carry at work, I have to qualify with what I carry.

I did some dry fire drills last night and revised my grip per some advice online. Hopefully I can hit the range Thursday at lunch.

Self defense shooting is NOT target shooting. If you're in a struggle, you'll be operating on adrenaline with maybe just seconds to act.

Many CCW pistols have small crappy sights. Why? Because if someone is attacking you there is no time to look through the sights anyway. Ask a cop who's been involved in a shooting if they used the sights.

If you really want to practice with a small CCW gun, try shooting 5 to 7 yds at a silhouette. Hold the pistol in front of your chest (not using sights or even a laser) and quickly empty the mag. If you have another mag empty that one, too. Then do it again left handed.

Any shot that hits the silhouette is a good one.

And any shot that misses potentially hits an innocent bystander.