Paris...

Bad324

Europe is going to be in deep crap in the future. The large number of middle eastern refugees is going to create a huge number of cultural and religious problems. They have been dealing with them for a while, but they are on an exponential curve.

• Upvote 1

Do we really believe a "religion" is the actual catalyst of terrorism.

People need a simple answer these days it seems. A single thing to blame. Religion is a tool the bad guys use to corrupt gulable people. Its like blaming a gun that a murderer uses.

People need a simple answer these days it seems. A single thing to blame. Religion is a tool the bad guys use to corrupt gulable people. Its like blaming a gun that a murderer uses.

Yep

Do we really believe a "religion" is the actual catalyst of terrorism.

Yes and no...

Islam has a history of oppression and destruction which makes it an ideal facade for a very radical ideology.

Religion has been used many times to cloak less then savory persons looking for power.

It is very unfortunate that the very thing religion is built around "blind faith", leaves the follows open to manipulation.

• Upvote 1

I'm probably one of the biggest haters of France and organized religion and what it causes as anyone. But at a time like this, it's even hard for my cold, dark, heartless self to give a shit about any of that

So...is it a mere coincidence that most terrorist groups are full of radical islamists?

Why don't you hear about many attacks by radical Buddhists, or radical Methodists, or radical Hindus?

Naively, they don't have oil?

“But the American blood is best and we will taste it soon“ that was on the terrorist website after the #ParisAttacks

Coexist?  That is a nice touchy feely saying for sensitive liberals and youth of today.  Unfortunately it's bullshit when the people you want to coexist with want you dead.

http://unclesamsmisguidedchildren1775.tumblr.com/post/133170040358/new-post-has-been-published-on-uncle-sams

Edited by Tpoppa

Are you saying that radical islamists want to control the oil in Iraq and Syria?

No, I'm naively saying, they, radical Islamists, get pissed when they feel they've been wronged. A.K.A., someone stealing their oil. Or maybe their just wacko but I doubt it.

Edited by Gump

“But the American blood is best and we will taste it soon“ that was on the terrorist website after the #ParisAttacks

Coexist? That is a nice touchy feely saying for sensitive liberals and youth of today. Unfortunately it's bullshit when the people you want to coexist with want you dead.

http://unclesamsmisguidedchildren1775.tumblr.com/post/133170040358/new-post-has-been-published-on-uncle-sams

Bingo. Fuck these jihadist pieces of shit. Why can't wE just let Russia take out Syria and deal with the leftovers?

Again disclaimer been drinking heavily so don't know if that's an actual realistic option so don't rip me a 3rd butthole

Edited by Bad324

So you sympathize with ISIS/ISIL?????????? I hope not.

No no no. I'm saying there's got to be other reasons other than they follow a certain religion and/or are wacko. Something's fueling the hate.

they follow a certain religion and/or are wacko.

I think you've answered your own question. These groups have been at war with each other since they were tribal nomads, the inclusion of western-aimed ire started when we went into the area in search of oil and started to take sides. It's less to do with oil and more to do with "you gave someone I don't like stuff so now you're my enemy too".

Edited by what

A lot of you seem to forget that Christianity engaged in a lot of what, if done today, would be considered terrorism a few centuries ago. They didn't have guns or bombs yet, so the used hundreds of thousands of men with swords. The result was the same. Millions of people killed by a militant religion.

• Upvote 3