Paris...

Bad324

Why you think this is about oil or anything beyond Islam escapes me.

As stated, this has been going on for thousands of years, and it has always been directed towards christianity and Judaism "The West".  Get over your liberal talking points and understand this is way deeper than Bush or any other modern president.

You can not negotiate terms with an ideology that believes with every fiber of their being that you must kill all who disagree with your thinking.  People have been trying to spin this in every way possible stating "a religion of piece" or "this started with oil", but there are thousands of years of proof that say otherwise.

Are you willing to turn a blind eye to the genocide that is going on in the middle east and northern Africa and leave the region completely?  Leaving did not workout well in Germany after WWI.

People need to get a stomach and relies that violence is the only thing they respond to and stop worrying about collateral damage.  Either they learn to live tolerant of other religion and laws or face complete destruction.

LOL you completely ignore the thousands of years that Westerners have been invading, subjugating, ruling and taking from other people.  To expect these people to not harbor hostilities is moronic.  Oh noes the war on westerners and christmas etc.  Hi faux news.  You brought up bush I never did.  Does their religion play a part?  It certainly seems to in the same way Christianity was used for all those past atrocities.  Lets not just gloss over and forget those.  Many of the current conflicts are because of earlier Western intervention picking winners and losers, arbitrarily creating boundaries etc.  Your "solution" only leads to many many more of these style attacks.  Unless your plan is to complete your own "final solution" and wipe out a whole group of people that follow one religion.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL you completely ignore the thousands of years that Westerners have been invading, subjugating, ruling and taking from other people.  To expect these people to not harbor hostilities is moronic.  Oh noes the war on westerners and christmas etc.  Hi faux news.  You brought up bush I never did.  Does their religion play a part?  It certainly seems to in the same way Christianity was used for all those past atrocities.  Lets not just gloss over and forget those.  Many of the current conflicts are because of earlier Western intervention picking winners and losers, arbitrarily creating boundaries etc.  Your "solution" only leads to many many more of these style attacks.  Unless your plan is to complete your own "final solution" and wipe out a whole group of people that follow one religion.  

I do not subscribe to moral equivalency.

• Upvote 1

That is quite the 180 from Tonik.  I am glad you are open to changing your mind.

No 180, I have always been committed to killing as many Arabs as possible. What religion they are is irrelevant. They all want to kill us. You read too much into my endorsement.

Can you describe a scenario where there is not killing and war in the middle east?  It's been going on for thousands of years.  When they're not fighting "westerners" they're fighting each other.  There is inherent violence in that region, and it's justified by Islamic principles like jihad. 

Either they learn to live tolerant of other religion and laws or face complete destruction.

Unfortunately, I think it will come to this eventually.  Obama is a limp dick and certainly doesn't have the stomach for this, Putin might.  Highly viseable attacks like Paris, will increase support for larger attacks.  More countries will get involved, and this will escalate.  I think ISIS is intentionally trying to escalate this into a much larger conflict.  

• Upvote 1

I would support "eradicating terrorism" if I thought that would actually deter the practice.  The fact is, even very targeted U.S. drone strikes have resulted in collateral casualties like the Doctors without boarders debacle, and who knows how many innocent civilians.  Those people matter - if not from a moral position, from a public relations perspective. 

Pretend your wife and kid were blown to pieces by a Pakistani drone strike while you were at work.  Maybe you know that there was a terrorist living next door to you, and maybe you don't, but are you going to sit back and think, "you know what - Jeff next door was a radical.  I don't blame Pakistan for blowing up his house.  I'm cool with Pakistan.  My wife and kid were just collateral damage."

Fuck no.  If you didn't already share Jeff's Pakistan-hating radical ideas before, you do now.  For every 1 terrorist the US publicly kills, they legitimize 10 more in picking up the cause of the fallen.

Get covert.  Get better intelligence.  Get busy.  But news footage of bombers isn't the way to dispel the myth that the Western infidels want to kill Islam.

Can you describe a scenario where there is not killing and war in the middle east?  It's been going on for thousands of years.  When they're not fighting "westerners" they're fighting each other.  There is inherent violence in that region, and it's justified by Islamic principles like jihad. 

Unfortunately, I think it will come to this eventually.  Obama is a limp dick and certainly doesn't have the stomach for this, Putin might.  Highly viseable attacks like Paris, will increase support for larger attacks.  More countries will get involved, and this will escalate.  I think ISIS is intentionally trying to escalate this into a much larger conflict.  

I agree!

Unfortunately the head of the snake is Iran, which gets left out of this conversation all too often and we have given them the means to do destruction on a level that could collapse the entire world economy.  My opinion... this is the end game.

• Upvote 1

I would support "eradicating terrorism" if I thought that would actually deter the practice.  The fact is, even very targeted U.S. drone strikes have resulted in collateral casualties like the Doctors without boarders debacle, and who knows how many innocent civilians.  Those people matter - if not from a moral position, from a public relations perspective. 

Pretend your wife and kid were blown to pieces by a Pakistani drone strike while you were at work.  Maybe you know that there was a terrorist living next door to you, and maybe you don't, but are you going to sit back and think, "you know what - Jeff next door was a radical.  I don't blame Pakistan for blowing up his house.  I'm cool with Pakistan.  My wife and kid were just collateral damage."

Fuck no.  If you didn't already share Jeff's Pakistan-hating radical ideas before, you do now.  For every 1 terrorist the US publicly kills, they legitimize 10 more in picking up the cause of the fallen.

Get covert.  Get better intelligence.  Get busy.  But news footage of bombers isn't the way to dispel the myth that the Western infidels want to kill Islam.

There is no possible way to have a conflict of that scale without collateral damage.  Especially when you have ISIS intentionally operating near schools, hospitals, & churches.  If there is no collateral damage...ISIS will find some rubble and toss a few kids under it so they can take photos.

• Upvote 1

And to put this in perspective.  Here is a list a attacks by Islamists that have occurred so far in 2015

Mine was not a list, just an answer to the question of why we never hear about sectarian violence in the name of Hinduism or Bhuddism.

You want a peaceful religion?  Try Weak Agnosticism.  Nobody ever killed anyone else screaming; "I personally don't know if god exists or not but I respect that your beliefs may be different from mine."  

Mine was not a list, just an answer to the question of why we never hear about sectarian violence in the name of Hinduism or Bhuddism.

You want a peaceful religion?  Try Weak Agnosticism.  Nobody ever killed anyone else screaming; "I personally don't know if god exists or not but I respect that your beliefs may be different from mine."  

Personally do not care what anyone believes, its your life live it how you see fit, but please stop forcing others beliefs on me.  This goes for religion or social issues.

Not you Scruit...  just people in general feel they need to make you accept them or you are a bigot or racist.

• Upvote 1

There is no possible way to have a conflict of that scale without collateral damage.  Especially when you have ISIS intentionally operating near schools, hospitals, & churches.  If there is no collateral damage...ISIS will find some rubble and toss a few kids under it so they can take photos.

Okay - so let them do that.  I'd prefer to take the high road, rather than blurring the line of who is the terrorist. 

ISIS has no army.  ISIS has no Air Force.  ISIS has no capability to carry out anything but the soft-target attacks we've seen copied since 9/11/2001.  Certainly even 1 casualty is tragic, but I don't see how further retaliation on the part of the United States does more good than harm.  Defense.  Control our boarders and monitor those who we allow through.  I just don't see bombing improving our image in the Muslim community. 

Okay - so let them do that.  I'd prefer to take the high road, rather than blurring the line of who is the terrorist. 

ISIS has no army.  ISIS has no Air Force.  ISIS has no capability to carry out anything but the soft-target attacks we've seen copied since 9/11/2001.  Certainly even 1 casualty is tragic, but I don't see how further retaliation on the part of the United States does more good than harm.  Defense.  Control our boarders and monitor those who we allow through.  I just don't see bombing improving our image in the Muslim community. 

So you think they should be able to carry out attacks with no consequences!?!?!  You honestly think that would reduce the number of attacks?  I hope you're smarter than that. 

Protect our BOARDAZ!

• Upvote 1

It looks like France is heading down the US post-911 strategy of:

1. Bombing a desert

2. Hastling it's domestic residents indiscriminately, demographics of the attackers be damned.

Disallowing 3rd world followers of a death-cult into your borders would have been a better option, but that window is closed for France.

Will the US learn anything? Last time I checked we are still flush with student visa visitors from the mid east.

• Upvote 1