Cleveland IMS

Tonik

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I have always been a defender of this show, even in recent years as lots of others started saying it sucked.  I was also less than impressed. I wouldn't say it sucked, but there just wasn't enough content there.  I will say though that I went there with nothing on my list to look at where as in years past I always had a 'shopping' list. A new bike, or helmet or gear or gizmo....something to give me purpose.

I'm the same way. IMO, if someone is looking at buying a new motorcycle, its a great show to look at bikes.

I got in for the price of parking, so I can't complain.

I mainly sat on stuff I would actually look to buy (used) though.  They didn't have a WR250x that I could find, so I sat on the dualsport model.  I sat on a Grom.  I sat on a KX100 and CRF125 to see what replaced the CRF100.

what I found most informative was actually the Hyosung display.   They pay contingency (for novice and expert) on their 250's and 650 twin.  $375 for a win, $250 for second, and $150 for third.  They seemed really high on promoting the bikes as capable machinery.  That said, the model I was looking at was an air-cooled 250 single... Not going to win anything with that.  They have a liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 250 twin set to come out in 2017.  it has steel brake lines and inverted forks from the factory.  THAT might actually be capable of winning some races.

• 4 weeks later...