Front license plates

zx3vfr

I have a tow hook mount license plate bracket from http://www.usmillworks.com/ Screws into the tow hook of my front bumper so I dont need to drill extra holes.

My reason for running a front plate is the same as cdubyah, no front plate just gives cops another reason to pull you over. I like to think it will make them think of a more creative excuse to pull me over for no reason.

Yeah, if the cops wanna pull ya over they don't need to get too creative apparently. I got pulled over on 23 for speeding, I know I wasn't speeding but it was 230am and I had my large dog in the back seat with glow stick necklaces on so I could see her in the dark. Probably looking for drunk drivers but when I asked him how fast he thought I was going he said if he told me he would have to give me a ticket... I almost said, sure write it up I'm curious.

Yeah, if the cops wanna pull ya over they don't need to get too creative apparently. I got pulled over on 23 for speeding, I know I wasn't speeding but it was 230am and I had my large dog in the back seat with glow stick necklaces on so I could see her in the dark. Probably looking for drunk drivers but when I asked him how fast he thought I was going he said if he told me he would have to give me a ticket... I almost said, sure write it up I'm curious.

I didnt think you could get ticketed just because a cop thought you were speeding. I thought they needed ya know, hard proof?

I didnt think you could get ticketed just because a cop thought you were speeding. I thought they needed ya know, hard proof?

They can and I got one. Took it to court and they threw it out as he had no proof.

Edited by blue03636

The day I received the plates for the wifes car in CO I put on the rear and took off the temp tag and didn't get around to putting the front on before we went to downtown Denver for something....park it, come back to ticket for no front plate.  :shit:

Edited by MichaelS

quick little law lesson:  Police only need a "reasonable suspicion" that you are violating a law to initiate a traffic stop.  A conviction requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt, but police need very little to initiate an investigation.

Good officers go out of their way to avoid abusing that standard, and i see examples of that quite routinely.