Free, yes Free Powermatic drill press (or most of a drill press)

imagineer

It's time to get serious about work shop space, so I'm culling out some of my "round-to-it" projects.    Up for grabs is a fairly large, extremely heavy, tall Powermatic drill press.    

I was going to cut it down and make it a dedicated bench top tapping machine, but I'm desperate for shop space (again) and this is simply in the way.

I don't have actual pictures of it or a model #, but will get them and update this post tonight.    It looks like the yellow one in this web page.

http://www.murdochleaks.org/how-to-choose-the-best-drill-press/

The good:

It works**

It's free

The bad:

There's no base

There's no work table

**It probably needs a new motor start capacitor (it runs, but sometimes you have to grab the chuck and manually help it start spinning.    My experience is this usually means a start capacitor).

Only one of 3 handles

It's heavy as heck (I'm not kidding, you'll need a friend or an engine lift to off load this at home.

I want it gone this weekend.     First person to commit, gets it.      Reply or PM me with a phone # or email.

It's located approx 1 mile south of the intersection of Rt 57 and Rt 30 (south of Orrville).

Here are the pics:

IMG_0050_zpsxaizxpmz.jpg

IMG_0051_zpsgo7yxyab.jpg

IMG_0052_zpsyq955pas.jpg

I could not get a picture of the motor plate, but it reads, 1.5hp, 110/230v, 16/8 amp, 1200 rpm

If it's not spoken for by the end of the weekend, I'm putting it by the road with a 'scrap' sign on it.