CHL renewal

Tonik

FYI Medina and Cuyahoga are booked with appointments 45 days out. Lorain is 30 days out. So plan ahead on your renewals.  There is a 30 day grace period but I would not push that, I doubt many cops know that. You would win, but it would cost you 8 grand or so to win I would guess.

Just now, Bad324 said:

Thanks for the heads up. My buddy and I were just talking about this last night since ours are up in May and we are Medina county 

You can go to any adjoining county, I did not check Lake cuz they are too far.  And I know Summit is a total nightmare, the people there make up rules and goes out of their way to screw people over.  They are about to get a hammer dropped on them by the Ohio Supreme Court.

If you border Wayne county, they are a well oiled machine.  Less than a week schedule, and you have the license the next day, or 2 days via mail.

They have the night shift run backgrounds during slow moments.  May the most efficient county in the state.

Nice, but alas I am in Cuyahoga. Geaga has a great reputation. Less than a week. Lake is really good, they often do them while you wait.

Think about it. This is nothing now, its the smae background check as buying a gun. Howpng does that take.

I swear that since I started riding 3 1/2 years ago, I'm now around more concealed and open-carried guns on a weekly basis than I've been around all my life, even with a fire marshal uncle and cop best friend.  Not only that, but you bastards made me comfortable getting my own CHL and carry gear.

But here's where I'm confused.  At what point can I expect one of y'all's gats to look at me funny?  I may be a nerd but I still get more nervous when a blonde smiles at me than when I see strangers casually carrying weaponry.

• Upvote 1

LOL I was open carrying last winter (took off a jacket at a friends house and I was OWB at the time) and it took him like 2 hours to notice, then he freaked and asked me to put it in my car. I respected his wishes since it was his house but I mean come on, the shit just doesn't go off by itself. I was playing with his dogs and playing video games on his couch for hours and nothing happened. Some people just dont get it lol. /rant.

Some people just have an irrational fear of guns.  I admit, I am still very conscious of loaded firearms, even with people i trust, but that is more about proper handling than firearms themselves.

My sister-in-law literally cried and ran away when I was messing with my 10/22 on the coffee table a few years ago.  There was no ammo in the room, and the bolt was locked open without a magazine.  I think I had just gotten a bore-snake or something, but the point is it was a completely safe scenario, and she was just afraid of the hunk of metal and wood on the table.

So went to Geauga today. Got there about 9, wait time was about an hour. 5 people ahead of me. Officer said we were lucky, its been 2 to 3 hours lately. Lots of new applications.

There is a question on the form...Are you a fugative from justice. Asked him if anyone ever checked Yes. He laughed said no, but he has had a few background checks come back with warrants so he calls them and says their picture is messed up so they have to come back at which point he arrests them.

So now I wait, I should be fine. I expire tomorrow but there is a thirty day grace period.

• Upvote 1