Cbus Hacker

ScubaCinci

Hey look, gun control is working...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/11/us/columbus-machete-attack/index.html

A man wielding a machete stormed a restaurant in Columbus, Ohio, and attacked several people before he was killed by police, authorities said Thursday.

The suspect was the only one killed. Nobody inside the Nazareth restaurant and deli said they knew him, according to police.

"(He) immediately began swinging a machete at customers and employees inside," Columbus police Sgt. Rich Weiner said. "There was no rhyme or reason as to who he was going after as soon as he walked in, according to some of the witnesses."

Police have tentatively identified the suspect but would not reveal his name or age.

"Right now there's nothing that leads us to believe that this is anything but just a random attack," Weiner said.

Karen Bass was inside the restaurant when it all happened.

"He came through the front door and then started just systematically hitting people," she told CNN affiliate WSYX. "I thought it was a personal thing, and then he just started down the row hitting everybody."

Four people were injured and transported to the hospital.

Just now, Wojo72 said:

Personal fork and spoon........just sayin.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, I carry my own eating utensils as much as I can. But wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to do that.  Too many people are dying. Granted most of them are drug dealers and gang bangers (over 80 percent last I saw) but it still would be nice to end the violence.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wojo72 said:

I feel you brother but its not a nice world out there. Can't ban everything.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I wasn't suggesting a ban.  But something is seriously f'd up in the US with all this violence. Poverty and hard drugs really need to be addressed and I think the majority of it is poverty.  We now have what I call generational poverty.  Kids being raised in poverty by parents that were raised that way by parents that were raised that way.

They know no other life, so 'Get educated, work hard' means nothing to them because they have no idea what that means...because they are being raised by parents that have no idea what that means.

We are fucked.

• Upvote 2

As an educator tonik I would pretty much agree with you.  Often the kids that cause trouble are the ones who are not well off financially. When you speak of getting educated they think you're crazy because they don't know any better since their parents didn't. Grant it I teach in a decent public school but I still see what you're talking about. I have been teaching 17 years now & have no answers to the problem, so I feel you might be correct in stating we are screwed 

The district I work at is 80 percent Title One. For you non educators that means 80 percent of our students are below the federal poverty level. Roughly 4500 children. We feed these kids twice a day, all year long. For many these are the only meals they get. We have one student whose dad is in jail for 30 years for selling drugs and whose mom just died from a heroin overdose.

We can pony up now and try and save her, or we can pay later to keep her in jail.

16 hours ago, Tonik said:

I wasn't suggesting a ban.  But something is seriously f'd up in the US with all this violence. Poverty and hard drugs really need to be addressed and I think the majority of it is poverty.  We now have what I call generational poverty.  Kids being raised in poverty by parents that were raised that way by parents that were raised that way.

They know no other life, so 'Get educated, work hard' means nothing to them because they have no idea what that means...because they are being raised by parents that have no idea what that means.

We are fucked.

For once I think you and I agree. This is something really not touched on at all in the circus republican debates.  Only The Bern really has. 

Are you guys seriously talking about poverty and lack of opportunity in the context of this attack. That's dangerous non sequitur.

Muslim African on the terror watch list goes jihad on an Israeli establishment. Muhammad in all likelihood mistakenly assumed the owner was a jew.

As an actual jew living in columbus, I'm just delighted my daughters get to be culturally enriched by our 100k muslim refugees.

• Upvote 1