Turn Signal Replacement Issue

JackImpact

I am trying to replace my stock turn signals with some Oxford Nepture turn signals, link below. I have them hooked up from the signal, to the included resistor and from the resistor to one signal. Now none of the lights work and the brake lights dont work. Hazard lights dont work. 

Theres three connections coming from the front. I am only on the front left right now. Its one black, one light brown, one dark brown. I have tried every combination and the lights still do not work. The leads off the neptunes are only red and black. All of the other 3 stock lights are still attached. Unsure whats going wrong here. 

www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxford-eyeshot-led-turn-signal-indicators-neptune

I don't know of specifics of the colors of your bikes wires, but it sure sounds like you f'd up and blew a fuse.  Put it back the way you found it, check all the fuses and start over. This time use a test light to find out what wires do what.  One will be ground, one will be hot for turn and I would assume one will be hot for running light.

http://www.autozone.com/test-scan-and-specialty-tools/test-light/innova-transparent-handle-test-light-circuit-tester/186543_0_0/

So you clip the one end to ground, Then use the probe to go into a wire.  In normal operation when you hit the wire that is for the turn signal your probe will flash like a turn signal. One will be on all the time, that is your running light and the last one will be the ground for the turn signal assembly.

That tells you what wire to hook up to what on the new turn signal

I am wondering if the other 3 stock lights are acting weird because now only one light is LED and the other 3 are not. So if I were to hook up the other 3 LEDs that they would act as they should once complete. 

Also. The front has 3 connections, replacements have 2. One is ground, one is hot, one is running. These dont support the running lights which I dont care about. Does the running light lead get connected to the + or capped off? 

Good news everyone. Its not that I forgot how electricity work. Its the combination of a bad forum post on FZ07 forum and a dud signal. 

So found out the front left was hooked up wrong, the dark brown is turn, the light brown is the running light. I noticed the resistor was extremely hot. Also the "park" fuse was blown. 

Swapped it around, tested leads, leads were good and now correct. But wait! Now the light doesnt turn on even though the other 3 do. Grab test light. Its not resister, its the light itself.

So did the signal break from being wired wrong? (hot resistor) or was it a dud to begin with which blew a fuse or two. 

Gonna contact Revzilla tomorrow and look about getting a replacement. I put that shit all back together before I killed someone and the right side is perfect, left rear flashes fast because its missing a resistor in the line.