Was nice out today

wolfeman28

More details on that bike, please?! I like... YSS shocks? Looks like a Dunstall styled fairing.

Hocking roads were a bit cinder covered yesterday, especially the county roads. I'm waiting for the April showers to wash them a bit cleaner.

Was out for a few hours, but spent about 20 miles of it scared out of my mind on the freeway, getting tossed from one side of the lane to the other by 40mph wind gusts. It was bonkers.

Not bad enough to put her away, of course. But bad enough that I was in full tuck at 70MPH.

7 hours ago, Chuck78 said:

More details on that bike, please?! I like... YSS shocks? Looks like a Dunstall styled fairing.

Hocking roads were a bit cinder covered yesterday, especially the county roads. I'm waiting for the April showers to wash them a bit cleaner.

Bike is Yamaha 400. Was going to be dual purpose for vintage roadrace and landspeed, but since there is no competitive class for it in roadracing it will only see the Ohio Mile. Has provisions for the street to take to meets and such, but when I tear it all off for my first event in April it will probably stay off for good.

Shocks are junk Chinese cheapos. Had to fill with my own oil and had a shop refill the nitrogen to the proper pressure. When I got them, one had ~70psi and the other had ~50psi. Shop filled to 100psi per my request. They wanted to put more in, and they should have more, but I don't trust the seals on them to hold any thing else. So far after sitting almost 7 months, and 120 miles on the street, they are holding up. I had originally sent a custom shock request to YSS and they refused to respond to my email or calls, so I said screw them. Tried for Hagon's as well, but the guy couldn't wrap his head around the fact that I needed 'custom' shocks. Wanted to sell me shocks for a stock bike, no matter how I tried explaining that stock shocks with the spring rate he quoted wouldn't work for my purposes. So these will do fine for the straights.

Fairing was a random one from Airtech. Had to cut it up quite a bit to fit as it was smaller than I imagined. Was supposed to wrap around with a belly pan, but couldn't get it to work. I think it was made for smaller 250-2 strokes. I have a piece I glassed up that replaces the headlight hole for racing.

25358930516_e4f029b10c_o.jpg

CAM1_assy.JPG

3 hours ago, Ryan_c_F said:

Was out for a few hours, but spent about 20 miles of it scared out of my mind on the freeway, getting tossed from one side of the lane to the other by 40mph wind gusts. It was bonkers.

Not bad enough to put her away, of course. But bad enough that I was in full tuck at 70MPH.

Yeah the wind was rough, I was all over the roads even going 40.