Dual sport /Adventure KLX450 build

Rob Thatcher

I am in the process of taking 2008 Kawasaki KLX450 that was used in Moto and desert riding into an Ohio friendly street legal dual sport and multi purpose bike.  

A friend of mine's widow asked me about two years ago to get it running, so of course, I did. It had been setting with fuel in it for over 5 years.  Otherwise , it was in good shape and included a mouse nest in the air box.

I did e normal things, carb kit, AIS removal, etc.

I rode it a couple of times, but couldn't ride anywhere fun as it had no registration.  Last November , she called asked if I wanted to buy it, so I did and sold my GasGas It was a real pain to take a bike bought in Texas by a dead guy to an Ohio title, but it did get done, finally.

So, I'm digging in. First to go will be the old plastic and add the Baja Designs kit with LED turn signals and taillight.

Here are the before pictures with just headlight mocked up. 

The process is moving along.  The dual sport kit is installed except for the brake light switch.  Everything works great.  I also installed the lift straps while it was apart.  Next on the list is setting up the controls, handguards and replacing the tank with the IMS tank.  Then it just needs an oil change, tire and ridden!185B16B0-03EF-4C4C-AE68-E35FF738BB14.jpgD43B55EE-00BC-44F7-A5C9-6C82570ACDB8.jpg