Suzuki Demo Day

blue72beetle

Friday I went to a Suzuki dealer to check out the GSXS1000F, and I had no idea they were having a demo day too. So I rode one, and a V-Strom 1000.

They brought a 2017 SV650, but wouldn't let anyone demo it. They said it was one of the prototypes, the dealer also had their sale model on the floor. They told me all the SV's coming into the country were sent directly to dealers and that there weren't enough to go around for demos.

IMG_20160617_102454-XL.jpg

I first rode the GSXS1000F. I've had my eye on this bike for awhile, and am seriously considering buying it. The ride route was pretty short, maybe 15-20 minutes. Plus riding in a group all while navigating Indianapolis traffic, it didn't leave much brain power to catalog the tons of observations coming at me. Now I've only ridden SV650's and my V-strom 650. This inline 4 was very different, wow, so much power. After riding v-twins forever I feel like I gotta re-learn how to ride on an inline 4. It wasn't much of a ride, but it was comfy, suspension seemed good. Throttle did seem very sensitive. Lots of new owners have been complaining of snatchy throttles on these things. The throttle did seem a little goofy, kinda scary over bumps.
The bike is very lightweight and 'flickable'. Was overall smaller than I expected it to be, which isn't a bad thing. Tank width between my legs and knees seemed a little wide, but could get used to quickly. It sure feels like you're riding a naked model on the F. When you look down, all you see is straight down the windscreen, and nothing else. I think a taller touring screen would be a first thing to order, at least for me.

IMG_20160617_102524-XL.jpg

I told myself if I was 100% in love after the test ride, I'd walk over and buy one immediately. The dealer had a new F model in Blue inside, and they had a $1500 off sale too. After the ride I walked away about 90% in love with the bike. So maybe after looking at pictures of them all summer I'll go looking for a deal. Lots of people there were interested in the GSXS bikes, so I suspect this will be a popular bike for Suzuki. If Suzuki acknowledges a problem with a snatchy throttle and does something about it, I'll jump right in line to buy one. 

Second ride was a V-Strom 1000. I loved it. Not much to say about it, other than what people have said before: Size and weight of a 650, but power of a 1000. This would be an excellent upgrade to replace my 06 V-Strom 650. Granted, I didn't have luggage or a passenger on it either.

IMG_20160617_110127-XL.jpg

Hmmm...I'll have to see if Suzuki is doing demos around here

*edit* nope. Only Yamaha. They need to do more of these...one of the biggest reasons I got the Tenere over the Vstrom or Versys 1000 is that I got to ride the Tenere at a demo event so I knew what I was getting.

Edited by ScubaCinci

I was at ducati's demo day and couldn't ride anything because I had to ride mine back to Lakewood before it started to rain [emoji17]

I should also probably mention I was there before open and woulda had anything to myself haha.

Sent from my iPhone.