F U Cbus

Tonik

41 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

You forgot Whiteys, Dougout, Teschners, Tavern of Richfield and Terry Point (now Musketeers) and The clear view way on the south end

All are miles away. Nothing is walking distance to the coliseum

30 minutes ago, Idiot said:

It's a great championship and Cleveland deserves to be proud!

but it really isn't a competition with columbus is it?  I mean, I was born in Cleveland and bred in and around Akron and I'm probably the biggest Browns and Indians fan you'll ever meet.  But I live in Columbus now, and I'm still a Browns and Indians fan  :-)

FWIW - the "rioting" after the OSU 2015 season wasn't extensive at all - most people even chalk most of the damage up to police overreaction.  Now there were some times before that that were really bad.  Back in the early and mid 2000s sometimes the couch burning after a Michigan game got worse than the celebrations in cleveland last night.

Once again:  CONGRATS CAVS!  Great championship!!!

Its fun to toss a little shade since I've already had 1 epic thread of ownage with why CLE > CBUS. Might as well roll with a 2nd one for the hell of it 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bad324 said:

Its fun to toss a little shade since I've already had 1 epic thread of ownage with why CLE > CBUS. Might as well roll with a 2nd one for the hell of it 

I was trying to find that thread, I was going to point it out to our Resident Idiot. He needs it to understand where this thread is coming from.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I was trying to find that thread, I was going to point it out to our Resident Idiot. He needs it to understand where this thread is coming from.

Boom

I live in NEO, not from NEO, and Cleveland is a dump with little future going for it.  I'd say right behind Detriot, only thing missing is a self distructive Mayor and puppet council.  BP was the start and the RNC convention may just be the last nail in the coffin.

Genuinely happy the Cavaliers won a title, but not being from here do not understand why the people put so much stock in sports teams that will never do anything to make their life better.  Almost a shame to see so many people celebrate and flood the streets over a game.  Maybe the city should put more of that energy into cleaning up the place and participating in the local political process.

Edited by whaler

32 minutes ago, Idiot said:

Come on whaler!

Cleveland is a fantastic city!  It's not quite as fantastic as Columbus, but heck at least it produced ME!

The really good part is both of these great places are in the best state in the entire union!!!

I don't hate Cleveland, but I have had the opportunity to work in every major city in the US and some minor cities, and Cleveland just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe there is hope.

I do love Ohio!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, whaler said:

I live in NEO, not from NEO, and Cleveland is a dump with little future going for it.  I'd say right behind Detriot, only thing missing is a self distructive Mayor and puppet council.  BP was the start and the RNC convention may just be the last nail in the coffin.

Genuinely happy the Cavaliers won a title, but not being from here do not understand why the people put so much stock in sports teams that will never do anything to make their life better.  Almost a shame to see so many people celebrate and flood the streets over a game.  Maybe the city should put more of that energy into cleaning up the place and participating in the local political process.

IDK...maybe get fuct?  All due respect and shit.  

I've seen more of this country than most.  There are lots of place I like, but live here by choice.  

• Upvote 1

Yea, I grew up in Detroit. Still go there a lot to visit family.  Detroit isn't even close to Cleveland, that city is messed up. As for putting stock in sport teams, it's entertainment and it certainly impacted my life.  I had a blast going to the games, watching and cheering. Didn't 'change' my life but provided a great deal of joy.

Should we give up motorcycling since it doesn't really change our lives either, other than the massive amount of joy it brings.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Yea, I grew up in Detroit. Still go there a lot to visit family.  Detroit isn't even close to Cleveland, that city is messed up. As for putting stock in sport teams, it's entertainment and it certainly impacted my life.  I had a blast going to the games, watching and cheering. Didn't 'change' my life but provided a great deal of joy.

Should we give up motorcycling since it doesn't really change our lives either, other than the massive amount of joy it brings.

Maybe I just do not understand professional sports, and by no means was I implying there should not be excitement over the championship, It's a big deal for sure.  See to many people put more stock into sports than the things around them that does directly effect their lives.  Maybe it's just apathy on my part.

I have a hard time equating motorcycling with sports.  When a sports team wins or looses its their own personal accomplishments and failures.  When I ride it's my skill, experience, accomplishment, or failure.

Won't argue about Detriot, it's worse than Cleveland for sure.

41 minutes ago, Tonik said:

1.2 million at the parade.

Best fans in sports.

Population of Cleveland proper is about 400k.  If you include the surrounding counties for the whole Metro area, then about 2 million.

• Upvote 1