Found new fun roads Saturday 7/2/16

Kruse08

Went out on a ride with my uncle on Saturday, 2nd 2016.  He had previously ridden this route with a group of others and wanted to ride it again.  We headed out from Wadsworth, OH and traveled our way to Rt. 250 south and took that all the way to Rt. 800 in Uhrichsville, OH.  We rode Rt. 800 south until we came to Woodsfield, OH and we branched off at Rt. 78 east.  This took us to the famous Rt. 536 (Ohios tail of the dragon).  Road that until we came to the Ohio River, honestly not the best road but always wanted to ride it.  We then decided to pick a random road to head back north.  We ended taking Rt. 260 north in Wayne National Forest which lead us to Rt. 26 north back to Rt. 800 north.  I will say that Rt. 260/26 were some awesome roads.  Rt. 800 is also a really good road.  Just letting others know of a good route to take if they want to spend around 350-400 miles on there bikes in day.  Granted that is if you live in the north.

4 minutes ago, Kruse08 said:

Went out on a ride with my uncle on Saturday, 2nd 2016.  He had previously ridden this route with a group of others and wanted to ride it again.  We headed out from Wadsworth, OH and traveled our way to Rt. 250 south and took that all the way to Rt. 800 in Uhrichsville, OH.  We rode Rt. 800 south until we came to Woodsfield, OH and we branched off at Rt. 78 east.  This took us to the famous Rt. 536 (Ohios tail of the dragon).  Road that until we came to the Ohio River, honestly not the best road but always wanted to ride it.  We then decided to pick a random road to head back north.  We ended taking Rt. 260 north in Wayne National Forest which lead us to Rt. 26 north back to Rt. 800 north.  I will say that Rt. 260/26 were some awesome roads.  Rt. 800 is also a really good road.  Just letting others know of a good route to take if they want to spend around 350-400 miles on there bikes in day.  Granted that is if you live in the north.

I rode 26/260/800/78 Saturday as well. Of course I'm from the south end, so I ride them a good bit. Very nice roads.

• Upvote 1

Good roads, 83 78 260 26 are the staple diet for most if not all of the NEO group rides,

I am guessing pauly will be posting a hipster response along those lines

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1

On 7/6/2016 at 10:22 AM, Kruse08 said:

Now I am curious, do state the hipster response......

You missed the joke. 

Hipsters think they've heard/seen/read everything "before it was cool."

"How did the hipster burn his mouth?"  "He had to drink his coffee before it was cool."

"Why don't hipsters eat popsicles?"  "They're bored with everything before it's cool."

" If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, a hipster will buy it on vinyl."

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Kruse08 said:

I should have said new to me roads since everyone already knows of these roads, to clarify the posting.

Add 149 and 147 near Bridgeport to your to do list.  148 near Powhatan Point and 255 near Sardis.  Basically just run S's...up 147, down 149...7 to 148 then back down 255 then 7 to 800 to 26......something like that.

And watch out for the big ass bull on 255.  He stands in the middle of the road just around blind corners and likes to f' with bikers. Should have shot his ass when I had the chance.

20 hours ago, Kruse08 said:

I should have said new to me roads since everyone already knows of these roads, to clarify the posting.

Yea,"new to me " might have been more accurate,but its good to hear someone's excitement at discovering these roads,it reminds me of when I first rode them.Keep digging...there's a lot more hidden gems in SEO,and a lot more smiles when you find them.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Tonik said:

Add 149 and 147 near Bridgeport to your to do list.  148 near Powhatan Point and 255 near Sardis.  Basically just run S's...up 147, down 149...7 to 148 then back down 255 then 7 to 800 to 26......something like that.

That's what I refer to as Ohio River Pong.

• Upvote 3