Anyone ever air bagged a pick up?

imagineer

I need another project like I need a hole in my head, but …  

There’s a well-used, late nineties Chevy 1500 W/T 2WD pick-up for sale not too far from my house.   It’s got the 4.3L V6 and a 5 speed.     It’s got a few mechanical issues (but nothing that would prevent it from being driven home) and will require a fair quantity of rust repair patch panels.    I’ll bet I can score it for under $600.

Here’s where it gets interesting…  Where I work, we had a project that called for some airbags (yes, the exact type that rodders use on cars & trucks).   We ended up not using these and they’ve been sitting in boxes for a few years.   I can have them (5 airbags) for free.

So, should I get the truck and in what little spare time I have, convert it to 4 link, C-notch the rear frame and bag it, or forego the whole idea wait for something shiny to distract me?

If you have the mechanical know how to c,notch mount and run air lines and mod the control arms if need,ed i would so go for it.  I havent air bagged a truck my self but i have seen it done a few times not to difficult just a lot of labor involved.  The look of a bagged truck looks pretty sick in my opinion.  Best of luck.

This particular project died before I could get it started.   The seller wouldn't budge on price even though he was $400 over KBB.    Factoring the extra $$, it wasn't worth it.      I'll keep my eyes open for another car or truck to make my victim...