Crash and Burn Skully!

Wojo72

From the get go this felt like mostly marketing hype, smoke and mirrors to me.  They were running around creating a lot of buzz and not much product the whole time. Their entire public persona was just too slick and polished. The ads, the website all of it was top of the line. Glitzy offices and manufacturing. That made me think they spent all their cash on that part of it. Great concept, and the few that they did make looked really awesome.

I see opportunity.

With my limited engineering expertise I would tackle it this way. The helmet has a built in rear cam and electronics for BT etc. There would be a flip out translucent LCD screen for showing the data (think google glass) below the direct line of site so looking at it would be like glancing at your dash. This all would be connected to a smart phone by BT and the related app would track speed, g's, etc for display. Either a helmet mounted button(s) panel or a handlebar remote like on my Sena could be used to toggle the display. The app could also be configured to change the display based on events. e.g. - how rear view when coming to a stop so you can make sure the moron behind you stops. For good measure throw speaker and a microphone in there to use as a communicator or a voice command for the display/app 

all of this shit exists in one form or another, it just needs to be put in a helmet. It's not inventing the wheel.

@Tonik your kid could do this no sweat. Make it happen. 

Edited by ScubaCinci

Maybe I should design an ironman helmet and implement a HUD that connects via bluetooth to your bike giving you the ability to see all bike vitals, gas level, mph, tach etc. in the corner of your shield.  It will be voice activated, so you can turn it on/off/dim etc.. Of course it will also link with the Internet, cell phone, gps, communications, etc.. and it will cost more than your bike!