Pokeparks and dealer

motocat12

I went for a 3 mile hike yesterday. There were more portable computers than there used to be hikers.

My normal shoes cut into my heel and gave me a blister.

When I was leaving my car turn signal bulb blew.

I'm pretty sure this is all due to the pokemons as that's the only thing different. I'm giving up hiking until the fad dies.

When taking the turn signal bulb out I noticed my brake fluid resevior cap was gone. Holy fuck I had an oil change at a dealer 2 weeks ago! ( I thought I had knocked it off changing the air filter or something.( I admit my coolant cap disappeared last winter)

If i put rice in the reservoir in a coffee filter or something will it absorb all the water back out or do I need a flush?

Update: I started this thread to pointlessly blame pokemon for ruining nature it tuned into valid blame for a Kia dealer 

I went for a 3 mile hike yesterday. There were more portable computers than there used to be hikers.

My normal shoes cut into my heel and gave me a blister.

When I was leaving my car turn signal bulb blew.

I'm pretty sure this is all due to the pokemons as that's the only thing different. I'm giving up hiking until the fad dies.

When taking the turn signal bulb out I noticed my brake fluid reservoir cap was gone.... Holy fuck I had an oil change at a dealer 3 weeks ago! receipt says they topped up all fluids ( I thought I had screwed it up( I admit my coolant cap disappeared last winter) Wonder if they'll do an expected flush?

If i put rice in the reservoir in a coffee filter or something will it absorb all the water back out ?

Stay tuned

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I only typed it once. 2 ass kickings for $1, I'll take it.

Depends on the type of dealer, deny deny deny?

Ok, I merged the two threads.

In my opinion, put a cap on it and don't worry about it. I change my bike brake fluid religiously, but in my entire life I have never done it on a car. And brake fluid is a hell of a lot better now than it was 40 years ago.

Byers Kia

weird call-

me: I had my oil changed 3 weeks ago and my brake fluid cap is missing is there a chance it's still around?

We don't take off the cap unless we do a flush

me: receipt says topped up all fluids

What's your name let me check ( are forgotten caps sorted by name?)

Sir the technician is our lead technician and he doesn't have access to fluids it would have to be billed out.

me: ok whatever

I'm going to drive by and see if it fell in their median when I left, It's not in my driveway or lodged in the wire loom.

Ssd4XCX.jpg

7 hours ago, motocat12 said:

I only typed it once. 2 ass kickings for $1, I'll take it.

Depends on the type of dealer, deny deny deny?

[Rant] Every dealer I've worked for will give you everything short of a new car if you whine a little!  [/Rant]

They've screwed up my brakes and/or lied about it. I may send the GM receipts for a cap and flush but I really don't want an aggravated mechanic touching my car.

I used a coupon they sent me. majority of poor service I get is from a marketing promotion. Maybe I'll learn eventually.

I chuckled today imagining my brakes failing as I tried to park  in front of their showroom window.

Not just dealers but private service stations alike I don't understand why they want to screw up customer relations over nickel and dime items. Guy I work with took his vehicle in for a front end noise. Then ended up needing to replace motor mounts, about a $800 job. Now my coworker toke his car there ALL THE TIME, for tires, oil changes, basically EVERYTHING. Well long story short they fucked up a external shift solenoid on the transmission while replacing motor mounts. My buddie wasn't even mad about it till they (one) wanted to over charge him $100 for the part over what Honda dealer wanted for it. And (two) would not give him a break on the labor, they wanted $470 to replace it total. So in a nut they lost his business forever and he's been a customer for 20 years and given them thousands in business. All he wanted was for them to change the part that THEY fucked up and eat the labor, he was going to buy the part himself. We ended up buying one on amazon for $110 and took him and I 30 min to put it on. So they lost a good paying customer over 30 min of labor cost.

Edited by 2talltim

I must have caught a Poketroll.

Put a new Sylvania long life bulb in friday. After 5 minutes on the highway today it shorted on. A non rythmic quickflash. I stopped and removed the signal and flasher fuses, didn't stop it. swapped it with the 2nd one from the package and it's working for now.

Grabbed a master cylinder cap from the wreckers yesterday.

Edited by motocat12