Turn signal removal at Mid-Ohio?

JustinFRC

I've done about a dozen or so track days with STT, and just signed up for my first time at Mid-Ohio on August 22nd and 23rd.  From looking through the tech requirements, everything looks pretty much the same as STT, except for requiring the removal of turn signals in the Intermediate (which I intend to run in) and advanced groups. (STT just requires signals be taped up)

How strict are they on that?  Do they really just want you to remove signals that stick way out from the bodywork, or do they enforce the letter of the law and make you remove any and all turn signals, no matter what.

My '15 ZX-6R basically has flush-mounts from the factory, and my fender eliminator pulls the rear signals far enough in that passenger pegs would hit the ground well before they do.  They're kind of a hassle to remove, but I'd obviously rather pull my fairings off in the garage at home while sipping a beer than frantically try to get them off and back on again on Monday morning, before the first session.

Random ZX-6R photo for reference (not my bike):

maxresdefault.jpg

Heads up, you can't run I group without a evaluation. As a ex-racer, was a huge pride pill to swallow. If the day was ran like the track day on the 4th, just be patient. Bank on not getting a bump to well past lunch. Make sure you hunt down Mark and badger him like I did for the evaluation. Your welcome Mark! Ha

4 minutes ago, 0hi0 said:

Heads up, you can't run I group without a evaluation. As a ex-racer, was a huge pride pill to swallow. If the day was ran like the track day on the 4th, just be patient. Bank on not getting a bump to well past lunch. Make sure you hunt down Mark and badger him like I did for the evaluation. Your welcome Mark! Ha

That's no biggie.  I've never been there before and won't know anybody there, so it'll just save me the hassle of trying to find somebody to give me a tow in the morning.

I ran intermediate last year and my bike has flush mounts up front similar to yours. I was told there was no problem with just taping them over instead of removing them. FWIW. I don't know about your rear signals, though. There are lots of others here who can give you way more definitive info than I can, as snot mentioned above.

I'll be there as well on the 22nd. Took signals off completely,taped the lights.Safety wired oil filter,fill plug,rad cap and drained coolant to plain distilled water.

Run in intermediate,hopefully.?

23 hours ago, Bantonic said:

I'll be there as well on the 22nd. Took signals off completely,taped the lights.Safety wired oil filter,fill plug,rad cap and drained coolant to plain distilled water.

Run in intermediate,hopefully.?

You might want to add Water Wetter or similar.  As long as there is no glycol.  It should help it run a little cooler.