Decided to go for it

durk

I was on the fence about heading to West Virginia 250 this morning.  I woke up early and decided I was going to go for it even though it was a holiday weekend. Only saw cops where I expected them to be and had an awesome ride. Took 164 to 9 to 250 all the way to Hundred. Ran 7 to New Martinsville then took 556 to 145 to 148 to 9 back to 164. Left my place at 6 and home by 3. It was an awesome ride. 450 miles round trip. Thanks @NinjaDoc for sweeping away all those cops you spotted yesterday. I'm starting to wonder if you're a cop magnet. I think every time I've rode with you I've seen a cop. Grant it nobody has been pulled over. 

• Upvote 1

:D good ride Durk,  post some pics.

I kinda have the same doubt too about cop magnet :( on the way back from gap I was pulled over, cop asked for ID and I ended up giving him my credit card, and memory is hazy on if I gave him my AAA card after ward before I finally reached the Licence :D all I know is he laughed seeing hyper gene wilder nervous nerdy brown guy on a dorky bike fumbling with my wallet and cards. He let me go :D 

• Upvote 2

So next time I get pulled over I know what I'm doing. Fumble through my wallet all nervous, speak with an accent, hand the officer a couple of different cards before I hand him my license. Think it will work for me too?

btw I suck at taking pictures. I took 1 pic today. I usually just ride.  I'm always rushing to get home asap so I can spend time with my wife and kids. Secondly, I can only post pics here by posting to the gallery and I doubt everybody wants to see my pics every time they visit the forum. 

9 hours ago, durk said:

So next time I get pulled over I know what I'm doing. Fumble through my wallet all nervous, speak with an accent, hand the officer a couple of different cards before I hand him my license. Think it will work for me too?

I was a vstrom with bags and a freaking antenna, ur on a liter bike. They will think you are on bath salt and u prolly will get shot if you pulled this stunt :D

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Just did an out and back today. Multistrada was singing along with the rhythm of the road. 

Nice. I guess the gravel on 250 does not bother you as much as it does me. It was not every where but enough that I would not say I was singing along. Sure I had some stretches where I was moving along but I definitely was cautious after I spotted it a time or 2. WV 7 on the other hand was a different story. I definitely got into a rhythm there, but it's not as tight either so that may be some of it too. 

You guys missed out on the best part of 250. I rode the W.Va/Va. part yesterday which is pretty awesome.

IMG_05061_zpsnvjf2fzo.jpg

IMG_05021_zps9tdxj4bf.jpg

On 9/4/2016 at 8:08 AM, durk said:

So know I get profiled just because I'm on a liter bike. Prejudice is an ugly thing I tell you. 

Durk, Congrats on the CBR1000rr!! Finally got an engine big enough to suit your speed demon carve-it-up riding style lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TreeFime said:

Durk, Congrats on the CBR1000rr!! Finally got an engine big enough to suit your speed demon carve-it-up riding style lol

Thanks TreeFime. I never rode the 600rr to its full abilities so now I'm just on a bike that's even more capable than I am. I do have a need for speed but I would not call myself speed demon carve-it-up rider. I'm still learning a lot. 

Glad you were able to get out and ride yesterday. I have ridden some of that section of 250 on my way to Deals Gap the past 2 years. It is good stuff as well. 

• Upvote 1