Made a daytonASS of myself - again

NinjaDoc

3 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Yeah, Mrs. Hawkins likes it better than the Duc we tried.  Tim was kind enough to wait a bit for my slow ass to get up to the track for a spin.  I liked it.  Now going through a similar dilemma as you, do I deserve this bike?  Haha

Yes. Yes you do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Yeah, Mrs. Hawkins likes it better than the Duc we tried.  Tim was kind enough to wait a bit for my slow ass to get up to the track for a spin.  I liked it.  Now going through a similar dilemma as you, do I deserve this bike?  Haha

If any one deserves to ride it its you :),

surprised she found it okay after years of fjr luxury 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I never see other daytona's on the street, but the past couple weekends let me know where they all went.

its just a psychological statement, you have to see 25 civics a day before you start to say "oh its quite common" but when you see just 5 mustangs a day " oh its getting quite common"   But when u see real deal rare ones like 2 ferrari "oh this must be a lucky day" :D

So my Street is more of a Unicorn than a 675R?  Nice!:banana:

Soon all motorcycles will be 3 cylinders!  Yamaha is already getting with the program.  Word around the campfire is that Ducati has a V-triple coming in 2018!

• Upvote 1

Jeez. I hope that 4 cylinder motorcycles don't become obsolete. If I need to get somewhere, or out of somewhere, in a hurry I prefer a 4. That being said that Datona is pretty sweet for a 600ish bike. Have fun with the new bike Nivin.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

bike with character, right up to the part where it introduces itself. 

:lol: 

ur true Duc fan, sorry didn't mean to offend you. It was just my personal disappointment in myself, not able to tackle such a simple issue speaking out. I really really liked the bike, if I was mechanically savy would have kept it in a heart beat. In fact so far loved all the bikes I ever rode, nothing wrong with any of the Jap bikes being clean crip and simple. Character of bike is subjective reliability of bike  is almost objective and  love for bike is really personal 

10 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

its just a psychological statement, you have to see 25 civics a day before you start to say "oh its quite common" but when you see just 5 mustangs a day " oh its getting quite common"   But when u see real deal rare ones like 2 ferrari "oh this must be a lucky day" :D

There are so many trumpets at the track now days, they could start a marching band. I was the odd man out last year on the striple (there was 1 other triumph there that day and it was also a tracked out striple). All daytonas now... hell, I had twin '15s in my novice group.

Also, welcome to the hipster brits club Nivin. Hope to see you at the track next year. I'm sure there will be tea, crumpets and a flannel shirt waiting for you upon your arrival.

Edited by what
  • Upvote 2

I've been wanting to sell my Speed Triple and go with a Super Tenere. I'm still young, but I want a bike I can ride for long distance and carry gear. I still want a bike that handles well though.

On Thursday, September 08, 2016 at 0:01 AM, what said:

Also, welcome to the hipster brits club Nivin. Hope to see you at the track next year. I'm sure there will be tea, crumpets and a flannel shirt waiting for you upon your arrival.

marching band :lol:

thx andy, I am learning to lean the bike and its easier to learn to stick the knee out, but its soo hard to learn to sticky the little finger out while holding that cup of tea steady without affecting the biscuit crumps on the moustache. But I tell you sir, the bike with bits n bobs of queens touch  is just the dogs bollock.

4 hours ago, NDspd said:

I've been wanting to sell my Speed Triple and go with a Super Tenere. I'm still young, but I want a bike I can ride for long distance and carry gear. I still want a bike that handles well though.

Tenere is a very good choice, one time I had a guy from MI with me do the Mi to seo trip and back on the speed triple. Man that was a beast of a ride for a naked bike, 690 miles at the end of the day. But being upright helps, just needs good wind protection and some saddle bags

• Upvote 1

Looking less like Brexit and more like Brentry.

Except for the black and gold (or white w/ blue frame... oh that blue frame...) special edition daytona, white is the way to go. Good choice.

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, what said:

Looking less like Brexit and more like Brentry.

Except for the black and gold (or white w/ blue frame... oh that blue frame...) special edition daytona, white is the way to go. Good choice.

Holy shit I was typing the same message lol 

BreXplosion it is :) 

congo Jacob, now u are a proud owner of triumph document file bag thingy and semi clear rubbery key chain 

But seriously I think @jacobhawkins will make more use of this bike and love it since you prolly will track it as well. Perfect track choice. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

Here ya go, guys!  The '34 Ford is the old guy's I work with.  His daily is a '41 Ford truck.  I rode out a buddy's in New Concord last night to go fishing.  Caught a few, one big catfish around 11:30.  Stayed over and took 83 N for a bit before the rain hit this morning.  Rode up Mom and Dad's gravel driveway in Granville.  She's nice and dirty now!  haha!

14324572_10207673083371353_3344288420471635539_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Here ya go, guys!  The '34 Ford is the old guy's I work with.  His daily is a '41 Ford truck.  I rode out a buddy's in New Concord last night to go fishing.  Caught a few, one big catfish around 11:30.  Stayed over and took 83 N for a bit before the rain hit this morning.  Rode up Mom and Dad's gravel driveway in Granville.  She's nice and dirty now!  haha!

14324572_10207673083371353_3344288420471635539_o.jpg

very nice, i wish mine was white, its not that black is bad, its just matte black and a head ache to maintain :(

you like it so far? I bet you do. Must be the right fit for your size weight etc. does it feel like it turns if you just look at a corner and no need to do anything else, :D

Love it so far, ~300 miles since Thursday evening.  It does handle great.  Looking forward to getting past this damn brake in period so I can let it do what it's designed for.  Have to go see @Hoblick for the obligatory suspension setup soon.  It's much harsher then the CBR, that's for sure.