AIM Expo 2017

ScubaCinci

If I can make a suggestion for yous guys. I live downtown near German Village and know the city pretty well. If you want to try to avoid the traffic, parking issues and high hotel prices right there at the convention center consider this option instead.

Try the Comfort Inn & Suites at 650 South High Street, Columbus, OH, 43215. They are in a perfect location for a few reasons:

• The Cbus Circulator stop is right across the street. This is the FREE shuttle that runs all the way up to the Short North and back. It's clean and safe for all you non-city folks who fear the city. Or you can Uber, cab, or walk.
  • The area is clean and safe.
  • You can bar hop straight up and back High St to the Convention Center and beyond.
  • Panera is right across the street or lots of little restraunts and diners everywhere
  • They have free parking at the hotel for people staying there
  • I'm pretty sure they've been recently remodeled as well. A friend stayed here twice and seemed to like it. He is in the moto-industry as well.

I checked their hotel website and they are not booking for that weekend yet. You may be able to get a group rate if you want to call now. Get ahead of the rest of the industry. ;)

For those not familiar with Columbus, we have gone through sooooo much change and building like crazy. It's clean, safe and plenty for everyone. It's so perfect for conventions like this now. I wouldn't have said that even a year ago, but downtown is a hot bed of activity all weekend long now. It's night and day from where it was even just a few years ago. If you need tips or suggestions feel free to reach out to me. I love playing tour guide. :) 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Some people here have a less than favorable opinion of the state capitol. 

Oh. Okay. Well, fortunately I don't care, just trying to help you all out with your planning for coming to my city next year. Signing back off now for another couple years or so.

2 minutes ago, ninjagirl219 said:

Oh. Okay. Well, fortunately I don't care, just trying to help you all out with your planning for coming to my city next year. Signing back off now for another couple years or so.

I dont care either. I find it amusing. I used to live in Columbus and I found nothing wrong with it.

I don't know what this is even about and don't have the time to learn what I'm supposed to be hating on so I'll just hold court...

CLE > Cinci > Cbus

Edited by Bad324