Finally, 200+ mi electric bikes

ScubaCinci

the 200+ miles is only around town though. Only ~100 miles on the highway but that's plenty for a commute, previously I think it was around 60. I can't wait until these are at least 150 mi + ranges for highway use.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/09/zero-motorcycles-2017-range-power/

I very well may look at these. We have charging stations at work that I can use for free.

• Upvote 1

I may go up to Joe's Cycle Shop near Dayton on Saturday to have a look at them...I think they offer demo rides. I know they have a few at IP too. I sat on one there but I forget which model it was. I didn't find it all too comfortable...felt like sitting on a dirt bike, all narrow and shit.

I demo rode 2 of the zero moto's at a dealer close to me about 3 yrs ago.

They were fun to ride and felt weird. no clutch, no shifting, just front brake, rear brake and throttle!

They are narrow and the footpegs and ergos I found to not be comfy. I honestly would only be able to ride that bike for only 30 minutes!

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja

Yeah, it would be limited to a commuter and local hooligan bike for me. I'd trailer it to places like the Gap (regardless of the shit I would catch from some people). I doubt I'll buy one but I'll entertain the thought at least. The ones with this range are ~$18k which is pretty steep. They get down to $10k and it's a no-brainer.

1 hour ago, redkow97 said:

what's the charge time on this 100 mile highway bike?

I think I could run a cord out my office window, or hell, without fumes or potential fluid leaks, I might be able to bring an electric bike into my office...

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-s/specs.php

11 hours with 110V and onboard charger from dead.

If you buy the "fast" chargers you can get it down to 3 hrs.

However unless your commute is 100miles I doubt you would have problems topping it back up to full with an extension cord at work.

A 100 mile range would give me enough range for 2 commutes, so should be more than enough margin for daily use. 

If I stay off the freeway which I usually do the smaller battey pack should work quite well.

Craig

• Upvote 1