Jump to content

Random Track Talk


TimTheAzn
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ksands22 said:

The weekend was awesome from a weather standpoint.

It sure was, but I've never seem so many crashes.  I wonder why.  Novice was the usual shit show of inside passes, passing on yellow, but no worse than usual.

 

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Still working to get back to 100%.

I must have missed something....what are you recovering from Tim?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Sellius said:

It sure was, but I've never seem so many crashes.  I wonder why.  Novice was the usual shit show of inside passes, passing on yellow, but no worse than usual.

 

I must have missed something....what are you recovering from Tim?

Been dealing with stenosis for 5+ months now. Trying to get right but keep having setbacks that involve locked up muscles in my back and shoulders down to my arms. Lots of nerve and muscle pain.

I feel bad because I wanted to tow @ksands22 around last weekend but I just couldn't do any more of the turning around on the bike.

It was an abnormal weekend for people putting it on the ground for sure. I have hopes next weekend out at PIRC wont be a repeat. People just decided to send it first weekend out.

Edited by TimTheAzn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

Been dealing with stenosis for 5+ months now. Trying to get right but keep having setbacks that involve locked up muscles in my back and shoulders down to my arms. 

Tim, you should talk to my buddy Jake on the Triumph. He went through this a few years ago. I can put you in touch if you want. 

No worries on not being able to give me a tow. Nothing worse than back issues and a needy intermediate rider lol. 

Edited by ksands22
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ksands22 said:

Tim, you should talk to my buddy Jake on the Triumph. He went through this a few years ago. I can put you in touch if you want. 

No worries on not being able to give me a tow. Nothing worse than back issues and a needy intermediate rider lol. 

Yea man! I'm curious what he did to help alleviate that. Been to the doctors and physical therapist more times in 5 months that I have in the last decade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like a cool cloudy day at mid ohio tomorrow, anyone else going?

 

I don't expect any personal bests, but no sunburn or heat stroke either.

 

Who knows how many more seasons it'll be open before it gets turned into a Costco or Ikea or whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 3:27 PM, RymerC said:

Looks like a cool cloudy day at mid ohio tomorrow,

Did you end up going?  How was it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Lil pic from Nelsons this past weekend.

I was there Sunday for the sessions before lunch.  You gave me a lot of advice on body position in the middle of last year that I'm still working on.  My head is never where I think it is, but I'm much better than I was last year.

75c.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sellius said:

 

I was there Sunday for the sessions before lunch.  You gave me a lot of advice on body position in the middle of last year that I'm still working on.  My head is never where I think it is, but I'm much better than I was last year.

75c.jpg

A good scorecard for that is having that left (in this pic) arm lay across the top of the tank. Once you feel that left arm straighten out a bit and lay on top of the tank it'll help the upper body position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

A good scorecard for that is having that left (in this pic) arm lay across the top of the tank. Once you feel that left arm straighten out a bit and lay on top of the tank it'll help the upper body position.

Well I definitely failed that scorecard. I can't seem to shake the MX elbows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ksands22 said:

Well I definitely failed that scorecard. I can't seem to shake the MX elbows. 

There is still stupid stuff I do/don't do while I ride. None of us are perfect. We're all just chasing perfection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 11:26 PM, Sellius said:

Did you end up going?  How was it?

Perfect. A little breezy, but cool and pleasant and no rain. The track was fast, and the traffic was relatively light.

 

The last couple events they've had a ton of novices, so they combine Int and Adv into one group around 20-25 riders, then have 2 novice groups a faster one (that sounded pretty racy) and a normal one.

 

And finally fries are back at the concession stand. Not sure for how long, get em before they're gone again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...