Road Atlanta 4/15-4/16

Jester_

Just now, blue03636 said:

I emailed them today, if I don't hear anything back by lunch I'm calling.

How long have they had them? I feel like I took my forks off, sent them to cali, got them back and installed them in the time you've been waiting to get them back.

I've got a decent amount of work to do yet myself, but I've got time set aside Friday and Saturday to work on everything. 

Lets see...solder in a new crank position sensor into the harness on the stator/stator cover, plus a spare. Hope these last longer than the last 2 I bought, different brand this time. Hell, I think I'm even going to bring the oem one off the street triple. I'll be damned if my weekend gets ruined because of these stupid things.

Finish changing oil, bleed brakes, install rearsets, clean the bike, make a couple minor bodywork repairs, and change gearing. Then hope and pray this thing doesn't overheat. It was running lean so that will make it run hot, and the tune should help with that. 

Glad I'm not the only one that has crap to do. I still have bodywork to fix from last year, change the oil in both bikes, change brake pads and fluid, new plugs, install suspension and ecu, coolant. I hope to get it all done this weekend.

Ugh time is running short.

18 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that has crap to do. I still have bodywork to fix from last year,

Duck tape!  Comes in multiple colors!

Edited by F4iguy

Need to do fluid change on the 750, r6 brake conversion and gearing change. 

And wire the pads on the r6, gearing change and I guess bleed brakes and safety wire the gpx pro. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Need to get some tires mounted on spare wheels as well.

4 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Ok, the sprockets are the same from at least 04-09. I'm assuming he did the 520 conversion as that is what mine are. I should have something for him though.

Ya its an 07 with 520.

Thanks!

I think he was looking for a 44, its currently 16/47

Edited by Jester_

right there with you guys - i just pulled the bike out of the shed, and planning on getting her ready this weekend:  water wetter, sprocket swap, new battery, and theoretically should be good to go!

i also added Atlanta to my weather app. Nice to see something other than tornados down there next week. 8>]

27 minutes ago, i-Zapp said:

right there with you guys - i just pulled the bike out of the shed, and planning on getting her ready this weekend:  water wetter, sprocket swap, new battery, and theoretically should be good to go!

i also added Atlanta to my weather app. Nice to see something other than tornados down there next week. 8>]

No oil change? Or that was done before you put her away?

On 4/7/2017 at 2:18 PM, TimTheAzn said:

No oil change? Or that was done before you put her away?

Yeh I do mine at the end of the season. 

Got her ready yesterday and even went for a blast around the block to announce to the neighbors that riding season has officially started!