Pawning jewelry

Bad324

For starters the real world isn't Pawn Stars, 99.99% of the shops out there will not give you fair value for anything. Most of them wont even give you fair scrape value for gold and silver. Once you figure out what the "market value" is on something be prepared to hear pennies on the dollar from most of these places. My mom when through this many years ago with my Grandmas jewelry, she went to a local jewelry shop and had several items appraised and it cost round $100 for the appraisals. Once the appraisals came back they said these items were worth a total of $2500 to $3000. BUT.... The shop was not interest in the items to buy,  but, they offered her something like $300 to buy them as scrape gold and jewels. She said screw you basically and took them to several other shops and pawn places and got the same song and dance with the appraisals in hand. Think the highest offer was $350 from a pawn place and they only offered that after she said she had a $300 offer from the first shop. I never knew what my mom ended up doing with the stuff till she passed away several years later and we found all the stuff and the appraisals in her fire safe. I believe my sister has it all now. So if your looking for pocket change you barking up the right tree, if your looking for some kind of pay out at any kind of market value you might as well save your time and leg work.  

Yeah what they do is they say scrap value of the metal because the diamonds or whatever aren't worth shit, which is partially true. Don't believe the Sterling/Signet bullshit about diamonds. They all have blood diamonds being pumped out. Diamond mines in Canada are pumping out way more than most 3rd world countries could dream of. 

Theyre relativly cheap but there's a market for them soooooo.  God I Austrian economics some times 

seriosuly brian. I would be interested to take a look and see what you got. If not that go see Joey at Richfield Coin. Probably not going to be what you want to hear about it's value but he'll be honest with you about it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

seriously brian. I would be interested to take a look and see what you got. If not that go see Joey at Richfield Coin. Probably not going to be what you want to hear about it's value but he'll be honest with you about it. 

I'll probably stop there this week then even just to see the value on it and if it's worth getting some cash out of or not and let you know. Think it's gold of some sort with a couple diamonds in it

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

$1 or $100, still more than whats in the motorcycle fund now!

what is in the toy fund might be getting drained on a Cammed LS1 if my cards fall right (they won't because they never do when it comes to toys)

Edited by Bad324

2 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

what is in the toy fund might be getting drained on a Cammed LS1 if my cards fall right (they won't because they never do)

Why? So you can still wish you had a motorcycle? The fact you still hang around here tells me you still have "it" in you. Trust me, the last 2 years I played the fun car game and neither of those cars I owned for more than 365 days. I owned the m3 for like 4 months and owned the m5 for a little less than a year.

I always went back to the bike.

Let me save you some time, and money and let me make the decision for you. Buy another cheap motorcycle so you can get out when you want to.

Edit: And so we/ I can see you when you arent selling me something. :lol:

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Why? So you can still wish you had a motorcycle? The fact you still hang around here tells me you still have "it" in you. Trust me, the last 2 years I played the fun car game and neither of those cars I owned for more than 365 days. I owned the m3 for like 4 months and owned the m5 for a little less than a year.

I always went back to the bike.

Let me save you some time, and money and let me make the decision for you. Buy another cheap motorcycle so you can get out when you want to.

Edit: And so we/ I can see you when you arent selling me something. :lol:

The last two seasons I owned the bike the only time I enjoyed it was for the Epic Ride and Deals Gap trip, otherwise it just sat. I stick around here for the people and time wasting. I'll have a bike again some day but right now I miss having a fun car too much and at least I can justify being able to myself the girls can fit in the back seat of a Bird for a few years

48 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

A fast car is slower than a slow bike. 

I'm not in it for the fast. I can't ride any motorcycle fast and I can't drive a 6spd fast for shit. Mainly just to cruise around in, something to work on and enjoy that isn't my soul less Camry DD

Edited by Bad324

Well as expected the ring isn't worth enough to bother getting rid of it right now. I don't have all that much emotional attachment to it but my mom would be pissed if she knew I sold it so if I'm going to do that need it for a nice chunk of cash and not $150 lol