Go West Part 2

blue72beetle

In May 2015 after I got back from my deployment, my girlfriend and I rode out to California and back. I was planning on hitting all the northern states on the way back, however bad weather kept us on a southern route for the way home.

i-LstHn4m.jpg

I still want to see the northern sights, like Crater Lake, Yellowstone, Devils Tower, and Mount Rushmore. So we've started planning our Go West Part 2 trip for the first two weeks of June.

i-QxVGS9N-XL.jpg

• Upvote 1

Most of the trip (pretty much all of it) is going to be on boring interstate. Like the last trip, we only have 2 weeks to do this.

We haven't decided yet if we're going to do hotels each night or camp. When we went out to California, we brought camping stuff, but ended up staying in hotels every night. After riding on the interstates all day, we didn't feel like finding and setting up a campsite, hotels were just easier. It was also cold most of the trip. However I'm not sure about the availability of hotels in the Yellowstone area. They're also probably a bit more expensive.

Stay south on 80 as you pass through Chicago. Take it thru to Iowa City and go north on 380. Only 90 miles longer, but far less Chicago traffic. And you can stop in Davenport and see the Antique Archeology dudes.

Hit Wall Drug on 90, and the car museum. And of course the bad lands.

• 2 weeks later...