Fucking knee surgeon

Howabusa

Fuck! The wife had surgery on her right knee at the end of December. She had a really bad tear of the meniscus and arthritis. The surgery was done by a younger doctor, Dr. Kyle Randall. It was a scope operation. After her surgery the doctor came to me said it went well, it was the worst meniscus tear that he had seen and that she had arthritis that he scraped out. With some physical therapy she would be good. The physical therapy was really painful and the therapist couldn’t figure out why. So, the pain never went away and she has reduced range of motion. She went back to Dr. Randall a few weeks ago. He gave her a steroid shot in the knee and ordered my therapy. He wouldn’t ok an X-ray! She got our doctor to order an X-ray. The x-ray showed a bone spur growing on the inside of her knee where there is a hole in the bone! What the hell! Ok, not good. She went to another surgeon today, she needs knee replacement! In 7 months we went from a minor surgery to total knee replacement! Fuck, never say it can’t worse!

• Sad 1

This is another reason why a warranty needs to come with surgery.

I hope she heals fast...

My mom had total knee is Aug. Last year, she has pain still but not like she did and as often. She can walk all day now.

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, September 14 the wife has to have total knee replacement. They will be putting in a titanium knee. This came as a shock to both of us. Never expected this! This is long past getting old! We have been dealing with this since last September, when she injured her knee. We pretty much have no life! 

I cant say enough about the surgeons and staff at WVU Joint Replacement Center in Morgantown. I've had both of mine partially replaced 4 years ago. Best thing ever. Just make sure she pushes herself in therapy. She will only reap the benefits of doing so.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

How old is she? Knee replacements wear out over time. So far my wife is having good luck with her new knee. Her issue was an injury that wasn't detected and led to damage over a few decades. She also got a semi-flexible spine implant due to an old car accident. That's working well so far, too. 

My dad is a month removed from knee replacement. He’s 62. Been limping around for years after a partial MCL tear and insufficient repair. 

Already looks like he’s walking better than before. What i’m Saying is that the replacement may be a blessing in disguise. 

Keep in mind that doctors’ first duty is to do no harm. “You can’t run” anymore is their advice to avoid harm. Take the PT seriously, and have her wear out that titanium knee. The surgical techniques and the hardware are only getting better. 

/$.02

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...

So, 17 months after my wife’s total knee replacement. The new knee is good, but unfortunately my wife’s body tends to make scar tissue. She has a constant dull pain from the scar tissue! This is really fucking up our lives! I know that I am not the one in pain, but watching someone you love in pain, all the time sucks! Just really sick of it all and not sure how much more I can take! I sure miss our old life! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Edited by Howabusa