Tiger Woods--National Hero!

SpecialEd

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tiger-woods-presidential-medal-freedom-fresh-criticism

What in the world has Tiger Woods done to deserve the freakin' Presidential Medal of Freedom??? I love golf, but this is nothing short of outrageous. Think of all the people who have risked life and limb defending this country . . .

This CERTAINLY will denigrate the value of the medal.

9 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients

Bruce Springsteen has one, and he's a total douchebag.

Ugh. That's ridiculous.

If the award had a moral clause, Woods would have been miles away from receiving it. I'll never forget that photo of him that ran on the front cover of Vanity Fair during his "whoring around" phase a few years ago. The man hits balls with a stick for a living, and suddenly he is an exemplar of American freedom; an icon to be worshipped. His having received this medal is a mockery of those who genuinely deserved it.

25 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Do you folks know why that medal is awarded and for what? Rhetorical question, the answer is obvious by your posts.

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

I don't know if any veterans really give a shit about these type of awards. 

Do they?

. . . which means that the answer to Pauly's question is a clear and unequivocal "hell, no!"

8 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tiger-woods-presidential-medal-freedom-fresh-criticism

What in the world has Tiger Woods done to deserve the freakin' Presidential Medal of Freedom??? I love golf, but this is nothing short of outrageous. Think of all the people who have risked life and limb defending this country . . .

This CERTAINLY will denigrate the value of the medal.

You clearly don't own any golf courses.

:facepalm::lol:

Edited by motocat12

On 5/7/2019 at 7:25 PM, motocat12 said:

You clearly don't own any golf courses.

:facepalm::lol:

Ha! 

After doing some very informal research on Wicki, it seems Tonik is correct. There are many, many recipients of this "award," and it is not at all what I originally thought it was. It's basically a medal for greatness in pretty much any area of human endeavor--and a quasi-status symbol given out at the president's whim.

Funny, I actually thought it had something to do with freedom . . .