Is motorsports columbus that bad?

JonS

I don't plan on going there for service or parts; just looking to purchase (gsx) and they gave me best local price by a few bucks.

I've been looking at a different bike; of preferred dealers in town one is out of stock the other is priced a little high. I stopped in a motorsports columbus on a whim. After hearing their bullshit MSRP, 1/3 down, 48 months @ 14% I told the guy that is horrible and in a single go-around he came back with basically same price as local dealers except beating it by a few bucks and having the exact bike in stock. Aside from the bullshit '2nd chance car lot' sales pitch it was pretty straight forward.

So is it a place to categorically avoid or just crap to watch out for?

I bought my bike there and after some hardball and 3 walkouts I got a great deal on my 06 750.

The service there blows ass, as I just found out (my bike was there for over a month to replace a part that took only an hour), and don't get their "Prefered Service Plan." Its a rip off.

Just be a hardass about price and you'll walk away with a good deal.

Northwest Honda....

ZeroCrash works there...

Site Sponser....

Good all around shop, sales, guys...

Myself

Satan

Bannanas

And many others....bad deals with Motorsports (IMO)...I dont need to be sued...by some A holes

Last Thursday I stopped in to price out an 08 ZX 10 R and an 08 CBR just for shits and giggles. They only quoted me $500 OVER MSRP plus $399 freight plus $399 assembly. Um yeah, I would say they are that bad.

I'd buy from there. People buy bikes off of e-bay and from the classifieds all the time. Just because you purchase from them doesn't mean you must get service from them. If there is a warranty issue, you don't have to take it there to get that fixed. Just make sure that when you're comparing the prices you are comparing "out the door price." It doesn't matte if their bike is $300 less if they are going to charge you $400 in freight an prep.

I'd buy from there. People buy bikes off of e-bay and from the classifieds all the time. Just because you purchase from them doesn't mean you must get service from them. If there is a warranty issue, you don't have to take it there to get that fixed. Just make sure that when you're comparing the prices you are comparing "out the door price." It doesn't matte if their bike is $300 less if they are going to charge you $400 in freight an prep.

But they put the bikes together. I wouldn't trust them with a fucking tricycle.

Last Thursday I stopped in to price out an 08 ZX 10 R and an 08 CBR just for shits and giggles. They only quoted me $500 OVER MSRP plus $399 freight plus $399 assembly. Um yeah, I would say they are that bad.

Yeah, I got the same thing and the guy asks 'how do you feel about this' .. to which i said ... 'thats a horrible price' ... laid out the other offers in town and they came back to beat it by a few bucks .. <shrug>

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if you want a deal on a bike Honda East in Toledo. Look em up on cycletrader.

and that comes from someone that use to work at motorsports if that tells you anything.

They tried to sell me a used zx10 for more than a new one, I had cash in my pocket and had hoped to walk out of there with a bike. There method of sales is just to try and fuck the shit out of you and then if you go somewhere else and get a price they just barely beat it. I have no idea why they cant just give you a decent deal up front and work from there.

On the topic of honda east just tell them what you want and they give you a price that nobody will match and IF you got someone local to match their price I am sure it would take tons of haggling and probably a BJ

I stopped in with OGs750 today when he picked up his bike, they tried to chage him over $250 for warranty work and he (og) had to call suzuki to get his warranty info because they were too lazy. I have know idea where they came up with their price and why it took them a month. The problem can be found on gixxer.com in just a couple of minutes and he also was throwing a code which indicated what sensor was acting up.

Northwest Honda....

ZeroCrash works there...

Site Sponser....

Myself

Satan

Bannanas

And many others....bad deals with Motorsports (IMO)...I dont need to be sued...by some A holes

Honda Northwest is the only place we will ever buy a bike from!! Not just because they are our sponsor or zerocrash works there but because they don't bull shit you. I knew two years before I finally got my bike I was going to buy from them just because of the respect they gave me when I was looking. Everywhere else would only talk to the GUY I was with! We have bought 3 bikes from them and I know the next toy we get will be from there as well!

P.S. Fuck Motorsports!

Northwest Honda....

ZeroCrash works there...

Site Sponser....

Myself

Satan

Bannanas

He did come to see me and thank you for that :)

Sorry we couldn't put a deal together Jon. (I assume we are the dealer you referred to as being to high) Are they (MOC) giving you more money for your trade?

I don't want want to sit here and talk shit on another dealer since I work at a competing dealer and I think that would be unprofessional. However, I worked at Classic Cycles since 1999 and stayed on when it became MOC. I then quit after only 4 months. I'll just say that I did not care for the way they did business and didn't want to be associated with them in any way.

I don't want want to sit here and talk shit on another dealer since I work at a competing dealer and I think that would be unprofessional. However, I worked at Classic Cycles since 1999 and stayed on when it became MOC. I then quit after only 4 months. I'll just say that I did not care for the way they did business and didn't want to be associated with them in any way.

Yeah, I used to get parts, etc. from Classic and was always treated good there. I've been to MOC once or twice and that place is a joke.:nono: They're like the Time Warner of motorcycle dealerships.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if you want a deal on a bike Honda East in Toledo. Look em up on cycletrader.

I agree. HONDA EAST in Toledo. They quote great prices over the phone. They are not full of BS. I have bought 6 units from them, so far.

Sorry its so long, not really a rant, just trying to help Jon S and others out there looking for a new bike.

I say go up to Honda East because they are a power house dealer they make thier money, or at least used to by volume sales. If you just care about the what you pay for the bike alone then go, if its customer service and you want a face to put with you bike when something is wrong then go to a MOC or some place like that. MOC has one thing going for them they will take care of you after the sale. I swear, not just because I used to work there. The service department is top notch just get slamed during season so it takes a while, and OEM parts take an insane amount of time to get in. The sales people use your judgement on who you work with, everywhere you go your gonna find a shaddy person. If they seem shady then fuck em, work with someone else. Go to ASK work with Sandy buy a brand new cheap ass motorcycle and I garuntee something will be fucked on it, or when you take it in for service it will be fucked. They have the worst service department in Columbus, a bunch of wanna be grease monkeys that think its funny to endanger peoples lives. Right FLOUNDER? (simple recal and they roll your bike thru a puddle of oil, sorry man don't mean to put you out there like that) MOC has over 40 or more years of experience in their service department. Top notch guys back there and they will get the job done.

Bottom line is that you're dealing with sales people, no matter where you go. They have to make a living some how, some are just shaddy about it more than others. Every dealership has its way of making money. MOC just likes to start with top dollar, can you blame them. More than often you get the chance to crack someone for top dollar. Whos fault is that? The customer, why? Cause they didn't take the time to educate themselves.

MOC just has a standard procedure for all sales people and its no different from car sales and its the oldest sales method in the book and you know why they use it cause it works. Its called the 4 square. If you take the time to educate yourself then the 4 square works for both parties, if not then you either walk away pissed or you just bought the most expensive motorcycle of your life. You don't have to take thier first offer its just to show you what you will be looking at in the worst case scenrio besides not getting approved for the bike. Sitting table is time to work on YOUR deal!

Oh yeah one more thing motorcycles have a slight mark up, not like a car where there is thousands of dollard you're talking 1500 bucks maybe 2k at most.

And Ousley MOC had nothing do with your bike falling apart on you, thats kawi's problem, same with all of the fucked up 07 600s they put out last year. Also it prob. wouldnt have been so bad if you hadn't been jumping up and down trying to slam your bike into gear on 270. I had friends that were riding with you.

MOC just has a standard procedure for all sales people and its no different from car sales and its the oldest sales method in the book and you know why they use it cause it works. Its called the 4 square. If you take the time to educate yourself then the 4 square works for both parties, if not then you either walk away pissed or you just bought the most expensive motorcycle of your life. You don't have to take thier first offer its just to show you what you will be looking at in the worst case scenrio besides not getting approved for the bike. Sitting table is time to work on YOUR deal!

The 4 square IS a proven method... a proven method to trick the customer!! I went through their sales management and finance management training in Florida when I was with them. It is in no way advantageous for the customer, even if they are educated. And are you saying that if the customer is not educated on the "process", then it's ok to screw them?