Cheap gas prices "sticky" in Passing Lane

Guest jpurdy2003

Guest jpurdy2003

I had an idea, as I drove back to Hellaware tonight. Would it be a good idea to have a cheap gas prices thread stickied in the Passing Lane? The ticker with "Columbus Gas Prices" doesn't do us any good, because it doesn't tell us where to find the cheapest gas. If it worked out the way I'm thinking, the thread I'm proposing would be a place where people could report abnormally cheap gas stations in a given area.

Just an idea.

Opinions?

Guest jpurdy2003
Damn, I wish I would've known that a while ago. How close to real-time is it? I'd hate to go to an out-of-the-way gas station just to find out that the ticker is giving me yesterday's prices.

When you click on the link, there is a column that says when it was updated- the time and day of the last change. That should give you an idea of if you can still get that price or not.

Reading comprehension owns you. :D

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by MJ:

Reading comprehension owns you. :D

+1

I'm just pissed that everything near me hasn't been updated since Thursday, besides the trucker stations at U.S. 36 & I-71 that I can't go to.

Originally posted by The Movie Guy:

A lot of gas stations are gay about that sorta thing and don't give 'em out. Still worth a shot, though.

They(most) don't give out prices over the phone, because competing stations often call other stations and ask what their price is.

Originally posted by Jack Pee:

I'd hate to go to an out-of-the-way gas station just to find out that the ticker is giving me yesterday's prices.

is it worth driving 15 miles to save 3 cents a gallon anyways? I always just find whats cheapest around where I live as I drive past. Then fill up when its convenient. Why go out of your way to save a little money when it will use more gas to do so?

I think it's funny how people will drive all over the place over a few pennies. Some people defend their actions saying it's not the money, but the point of the matter. In reality, all they're doing is helping the big stations that have more room to skim their profit margins and undercut the small guy by a penny or two.