operation dragnet

Buck531

Good video. They did get to issue tickets for minor offenses and got a few people for outstanding warrents. Looks like a big waste of police resources to me, wonder how many rapist and murderers got away because they were worried about the big scary street racer.

I wonder how many people on this forum are pissed off from that video because they themselves are just like those kids getting caught...

Seriously, if there's that many of them, they each won't have to cough up very much toward track rental. And they can even rent it at night, so they can feel like they are badasses and tough. :rolleyes:

If cops were at the end of the DEAD-END street, how did 9 cars "slip away"???

Big waste of the taxpayer's dollar. All it would have taken is ONE COP and fuckers would've scattered. How much did it cost for the chopper, and how many "busts" can be attributed to it's presence?

It did remind me of Kroger's a few summers ago. All you had to do is yell "COPS! COPS! COPS!" and kids ran into their cars and took off. graemlins/lol.gif

Originally posted by Dark_Viper01:

I wonder how many engine swaps fooled them into thinking they had a lead.

Looking at the video, probably none; that group looked like a big collection of altezza's, fart cans, and 747 wings......putting true performance investments last.

Coming from someone who ISN'T a street racer, that is one HUGE waste of police/taxpayer resources. Of course, departments in general care about two things: crimes that generate them money and crimes that get them on TV.

And my god, is there a SINGLE reporter out there that can do a street racing story that knows anything about cars??