New LT1 Record

Nitrousbird

The big thing w/ 4th Gen F-body's running LT1's and LS1's is the fastest records on a stock-style suspension (torque arm, no rear coilovers, stock suspension mounting points except you can move the TA front mount off the tranny and onto the frame). Pretty much all the 4-link/tubbed cars just run BBC's or Gen-I SBC's, which a lot of that has to do with money and the classes they race in.

Well, the LT1 record has been broken again:

8.21 @ 170.3

Here's a better video of his original record breaking run at the end of last season:

8.35@168.45

Last years pass was on his old motor setup that was orginally designed as a nitrous setup but swapped pistons for low compression, and was running more boost to get that timeslip. This year has better heads and some other changes, and is definately not maxed out HP wise (last years run was 200RWHP shy of what they peaked out at on their highest boost run). They are hoping for 7.7's @ 18x this year, and I bet they'll hit it!

If I could afford to go the boost route I would. But I can't currently, so no boost for me. I'd love to have PTK single on my car w/ a forged shortblock.....any donations??

And there are PLENTY of fast nitrous cars too. Fastest 6-speed 4th Gen car is a nitrous car. And my car just happenes to be a 6-speed car.........