cobalt SS/SC

Guest shua

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/shuasage/Picture3005.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/shuasage/Picture3004.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/shuasage/Picture3003.jpg

yes 12 psi the intake manifold sensor is set to 12.5 psi. 15 psi is a boost spike

your can read about it here in cobalt forum

The blower is not maxed out (in termes of rotaion speed) at 12psi, and yes GM did limit the boost pressure at 12psi. The blower will continue to produce more boost pressure until it reaches 12psi, then If the blower rotates any faster and produces a boost pressure over 12psi it will be bled off by the bipass valve so that the engine never sees a boost pressure beyond 12psi.

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1085

or here

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0502_first_cobalt/

oh found this on the cobalt specs page

2.0L ECOTEC Supercharged Engine

The all-aluminum dual overhead cam, 2.0L ECOTEC Supercharged four-cylinder engine is built off the strengths of the original, naturally aspirated 2.2L ECOTEC engine.

The 2.0L Supercharged engine has a four-valve cylinder head, maintenance-free chain-driven camshafts, counter-rotating balance shafts and an integrated oil cooler.

The Eaton M62 supercharger spins at a low rpm, which improves durability and creates less noise while allowing for plenty of top-end power. Power delivery of the supercharged engine is instantaneous. Maximum boost of the supercharger is 12 psi.

Also included on this engine:

A direct-mount oil cooler.

Oil jets for piston cooling.

Heavy-duty pistons.

Strong connecting rods.

Forged-steel crankshaft.

Large oil pump.

Sodium-filled exhaust valves for improved durability.

A high-strength aluminum cylinder head.

Wanna run? I ran a 14.5 @94....I'd also like to check the car out, they are good looking cars except for the wing. I am tossing that car around as well as the srt4 as possible new cars for me here shortly.

Originally posted by ForcedStang:

Good luck if you get into a frontal wreck your going to have to replace hole supercharger. Its about less than 1 inch away from core support.

Dan

its a good thing i walk on water eat bullets and shit ice cream!!! graemlins/bsflag.gif

Originally posted by BAM6I4:

Wanna run? I ran a 14.5 @94....I'd also like to check the car out, they are good looking cars except for the wing. I am tossing that car around as well as the srt4 as possible new cars for me here shortly.

ive actually been a member of this site back in the day when it was .net

ive had a 98 eclipse and a 02 camaro now this.

so yeah u can count on me for upcoming events tongue.gif

l8r

SHUA!!!

Guest BLUE BY U
Originally posted by No Speed:

I can't wait untill I see tons of these ricer's dreams all over the road thinking they have the hottest car ever made :rolleyes: .

+1

I don't think I'd call it a ricer's dream... (Especially if I drove a DSM smile.gif ) It's a nice looking (But I don't much care for that wing) car with a nice interior, great factory stereo, some balls, and a fairly affordable price tag. Show me a new RSX/SRT-4/Civic that costs less, goes faster, looks better, drives nicer, and is as nicely equipped and I'll be impressed. IMHO, I think this is a good American answer to the Japanese cars that have become so popular.

Originally posted by SlowZ06:

I don't think I'd call it a ricer's dream... (Especially if I drove a DSM smile.gif ) It's a nice looking (But I don't much care for that wing) car with a nice interior, great factory stereo, some balls, and a fairly affordable price tag. Show me a new RSX/SRT-4/Civic that costs less, goes faster, looks better, drives nicer, and is as nicely equipped and I'll be impressed. IMHO, I think this is a good American answer to the Japanese cars that have become so popular.

Well it is right on par price wise with the srt-4 with just a bit less HP. I like it and think it would make a great daily driver.

Originally posted by SlowZ06:

you forgot about japanese quality.

Well it is right on par price wise with the srt-4 with just a bit less HP. I like it and think it would make a great daily driver. [/QB]

actually i was looxin at both b4 i bought. both totals came out to just under $25,000... but here are the things i got with chevy that were NOT options

XM radio

pioneer sound system with sub in trunk

sweet inserts with performance package

onstar

18'' charcoal polish rims/low profile parnelli's

GM EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT brought down the price bout $2,500 + my positive equity in used car i got this ride for under $21,000

only thing i took a hit on was HP but that can b easily remedied graemlins/jerkit.gif

also GM is talking about releasing a supercharger stage 2 upgrade... but its just rumors so far

Guest BLUE BY U
Originally posted by 86 Eh?:

Get rid of the wing, wheels and stock ride height and I'd maybe rock one as a daily.

you drive an old ass corrolla and cracking on this car graemlins/jerkit.gif i like the car just like the srt4s, just most srt4 guys think they can out run anything(which to me is a ricer way of thinking)and i figure these cars are going to have some of the same drivers.

lol im not talkin smack 2 nobody i just came on 2 show some pix. i like small sports cars cuz of the handling with stiff suspension i dont get sea sick graemlins/chillpill.gif its the most comfortable ride ive ever had, its lighter than a floater and supercharged stock. i like my rims i like my wing i bought the car cuz i like it.

srt4s r faster and have 45 more hp too but it just lacked lots of options i wanted on the inside.... hehe + now i have my opie and anthony back MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH graemlins/thatfunny.gif

http://www.cobaltss.org/media/motorweek.wmv