my new motor from japan

Guest nixon

Guest nixon

http://www.acura-integra.com/phpbb2/download.php?id=622http://www.acura-integra.com/phpbb2/download.php?id=621

JDM f22b DOHC non-vtec 2.2L 56K miles web racing cams , ACT clutch/ maxx pressure plate/ lightened flywheel, advanced timing/dc sports header/8.8mm wires new plugs new distibutor, 230 whp like 180 tq

Guest nixon
For $500 with a dc header and all those bolt ons and a guarantee it'll run and help with installation.. but i'm getting it for that much because i helped him out a lot and owes me. I mean i don't think 230 whp really i just was goign to tell you guys that. Except for sure i'll be making like 217 whp +

Originally posted by NIXON:

For $500 with a dc header and all those bolt ons and a guarantee it'll run and help with installation.. but i'm getting it for that much because i helped him out a lot and owes me. I mean i don't think 230 whp really i just was goign to tell you guys that. Except for sure i'll be making like 217 whp +

graemlins/wtf.gif

This is almost as bad as the kid w/ the civic ex who told me

"Turbo's don't really do much, I have an iceman intake, DC header and exhaust

I should be at 200+ to the wheels.

:confused:

Guest nixon
Originally posted by edsihon:

what was wrong with your old motor? Wouldn't it have been easier to just turbo your motor you got now instead of buying this one?

i did and wasn't impressed. ls/turbo sucks... with all the things already done to it your saying i didn't get a good deal?! I can drop back and sell the ls motor and make all my money back PLUS come out with this in my car and all its goodies already and just turbo this since i'm selling my old turbo setup.

Guest nevarmore
Originally posted by Ricochet:

So you had a turbo ls, and sold it for this heap? With some stronger engine guts and a bit of tuning your old engine could have seen 11's.. Well let me know how it turns out, maybe you know something I don't.

Sometimes the drive is more fun than the destination.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

So you had a turbo ls, and sold it for this heap? With some stronger engine guts and a bit of tuning your old engine could have seen 11's.. Well let me know how it turns out, maybe you know something I don't.

If it was THAT easy you sure would see more Hondas around here doing that.

It's not that easy, not by a long shot. FWD = traction, what's that? Better have a tranny that agrees with any sort of hard launch, and clutch/halfshafts to go with it. Don't forget an upgraded fuel system, real tires, etc.

If 11's were as easy as tossing in some forged dished pistons and a turbo w/ some tuning, there might actually be a number of impressive Hondas around here. But obviously this is not reality.

Guest nevarmore

Naturally aspirated engines tend to be more reliable too. Not because of any differences in the process of making power, an N/A engine making the same power as a turbo engine will end up with similar engine stresses. They are more reliable because they have fewer parts to break.

I'm not sure of the exact wording but one of my engineering buddies quoted a rule that says the chance of something breaking is proportional to the number of parts.