Drifting RC cars

RedLudeSH

Guest stvbreal

Thats just too damn cool for words.

We need to have an RC meet somewhere and custom make bodies for the cars to match what we drive. smile.gif

I can drift mine... not that well....

But it says in the end of the video that they are using PVC tires (ie - hard plastic) You could just get some foam tires and wear the foam off, then glue some PVC pipe onto the rim.....

Then the plastic rim will give you extra "slide"...

Originally posted by Powered By Geo:

how the heck do i make em do that?

4 wheel drive and a power to weight ratio of a funny car. Those are 1/10 scale cars. Electric powered. The gas will do it as well. There are probably 20 different tire compounds around for them. Everything from drag tires, to super hard tires good for drifting.

To give you some idea of the spped of these things, there are electric rail dragsters that will run 3.2 in the scale quarter (132 feet) they trap over 100 MPH, and that is true speed, scale speed, will be times 10.

That is a sweet vid. Thanks for sharing.

For the RC folks in Columbus, do we have a road track somewhere here to run cars? I used to be in RC cars / trucks / and flying long ago. It was decently inexpensive and I would be interested to go at it again.

This video has made me want to build a drift rc car... A Tamiya car can be build for ~$150 and the pvc tires can be sourced quite easily. All those guys are from Singapore and they make it look very easy, but I doubt it is. We do need to get a local track or somewhere we can race.