Open Headers = loud (video)

Nitrousbird

I finally got the car back together today (I was plagued w/ a bad, hard to find oil leak I believe I finally resolved, plus had to replace a damaged pilot bearing).

I haven't built my new exhaust yet (have all the parts, just haven't done it), so she's a bit loud w/ the open headers. :D

Yup, loud...have to right click, save as

I'll be doing cutouts right off of the headers, so I'll still be able to make it about that loud. :D

The problem is I could only really rev it in the car, and for some reason it doesn't sound as good w/ the camera in the car (sounds far better in person). I was the only one home at the time; perhaps I'll make another one if someone else is home. smile.gif

Thanks Gregg for the compliment. One day when money is no longer an issue again, I would like to do a GFX kit on it. Something similar to the GM GFX kit they offered on a few of the V6 cars (and perhaps a couple of the Formulas.....you don't see many cars w/ it). But with my budget, that ain't happenin.

Originally posted by Skinner.:

GFX kit whats that????

oh and your car looks good.

Ground Effects kit. If you have ever seen Larry's Formula (Zepplin), he has it on his car. I especially like the front piece on it; I may do different side skirts and rear piece. It's factory and blends in well w/ the car.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'll be doing cutouts right off of the headers, so I'll still be able to make it about that loud. :D

Not a fan of low compression w/ open headers tongue.gif .. I doubt you'll get much of a gain w/ cutouts vs true duals... Admit it, you just like sounding like a pick 'em up truck ;):D

What was the oil leak? rear main?