Celica is gone...

Buckeye23

Actually it was gone about a month ago. Traded it in for a 2005 Scion tC.

Here area couple of pics my buddy snapped at an Ohio Scion meet at Quaker Steak & Lube over the weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/buckeye23/049.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/buckeye23/047.jpg

Didn't want to keep the LKS FST plate anymore, but oh well...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/buckeye23/043.jpg

Finally moved onto the world of manual trannies. As for modding this thing...added TRD springs to it. That's about it so far. I took my system out of the Celica before I traded it in, so that'll go in this.

Other than that, I may add the OEM lip kit which is extremely subtle. TRD exhaust, maybe a CAI, some new wheels. That really should cover it in terms of modifications. There are already several turbo kits available and a factory warrantied S/C is due out this fall. We'll see if the money is there next year for a possible move to F/I.

I sat in the entire Scion lineup at the auto show. Though the xA and xB are complete embarassing shit mobiles, the tC was pretty decent. I'd say it is definately at or near the top of it's class (aka econo-boxes). Only being offered in a 2 door probably hurts its sales, but IMO gives it a sportier appearance to buyers.

Sadly, all these economy cars are getting to prices that I could never justify, at least new. When a tC costs what a decent mileage, good condition 6 year old C5 costs, there's no way I could sport the wrong wheel drive car.

But hey, if it wasn't for people buying new cars, I wouldn't have any used cars to buy. :D (have never purchased new, and have no plans....I'll let someone else eat the depreciation).

Originally posted by Ricochet:

Looks like a tiburon humped a bimmer

Yeah, I suppose it kind of does. graemlins/wtf.gif

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I sat in the entire Scion lineup at the auto show. Though the xA and xB are complete embarassing shit mobiles, the tC was pretty decent. I'd say it is definately at or near the top of it's class (aka econo-boxes). Only being offered in a 2 door probably hurts its sales, but IMO gives it a sportier appearance to buyers.

Sadly, all these economy cars are getting to prices that I could never justify, at least new. When a tC costs what a decent mileage, good condition 6 year old C5 costs, there's no way I could sport the wrong wheel drive car.

But hey, if it wasn't for people buying new cars, I wouldn't have any used cars to buy. :D (have never purchased new, and have no plans....I'll let someone else eat the depreciation).

Honestly, this car wasn't my first choice. I would've rather gone with a 05 Mustang GT or a 05 WRX. However, the Celica was coming down with multiple mechanical issues, all at the same time. So instead of throwing a couple grand towards repairs and with my lease coming up in May, I decided to just cut my loses and get the tC.

The Celica was fun, I enjoyed modding it and what not. I don't regret getting the paint job and stuff, but I wouldn't ever do it again. I'd like to think that I got the "Ricer" stuff out of my system. graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm happy with the purchase, and that's all that matters now.

Originally posted by GRN96WS6:

No no it doesn't not even close.

I think they looks nice but I wouldn't own one.

yes it does... how can you argue my opinion... look at the headlights... looks like a mazda 6 from the front to me.

Originally posted by Morabu:

btw after tax and any options what did u pay for it?

I didn't get many options, because I could buy the parts cheaper and install them for even less.

The options I got were the foglamps, spoiler, and floor mats. All in all...the car totaled up to about $17,500.

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Shitaro:

yes it does... how can you argue my opinion...

Because he is giving his opinion. He's arguing that they don't look similar, not that you don't think it looks like similar.