WTB - cheap 600 (track bike)

redkow97

second full track weekend, and too many instructors are telling me my bike is holding me back. I never planned on keeping my EX 500 on the track forever, but I didn't expect to find its limits so quickly.

interested in CHEAP 600s.

Older is expected - think Honda F3, or '97-'00 GSXR 600 (just examples - I don't care what make it is so long as it's NOT AIR COOLED)

I've found plenty of bikes for $1100 - $1500 that I would be happy with, but they're all in Chicago, or Virginia, or Philadelphia (meaning $200+ in tolls and gas)

I would prefer a TRACK bike, but I'll take a look at street bikes in need of some minor repairs so long as they are running. new clip-ons, I can install. New pistons, I can't.

WILL LOOK AT BIKES WITHOUT TITLES - but having a title is a big plus.

Know anyone getting out of track days, or moving up to a bigger track bike? send them my way, please.

And on the off chance anyone is interested, I have a nice big Fender Bassman 400 combo amp and some STT credits I could trade as partial payment. My Ibanez SR405 could also go with the amp (for the right bike)

EMAIL ME: radakchr (at) yahoo.com - I really don't check this forum as much as I'd like to.

Thanks!

- Chris

hahaha, thanks for the practical advice John. Might just be a LITTLE bit out of my price range (and when I say 'little,' I mean 5 times my price range).

When are you getting your EX on the track? it's still tons of fun - just hard to keep progressing without sinking money into rearsets, a better shock, etc. the biggest problem i've had is that my body-position sucks because my bars are so high. I hang my ass off too far and my head isn't off far enough.

and man is it annoying to have people who are slower than you in the turns out-run you on the straights. If you time it right, you can pass them coming OUT of the turn (simply by carrying more speed through the corner), but then they blast right back past you on the straight. It's great for learning, but it gets frustrating quickly.

If i don't get any bites here, I'm going to take the first weekend gas actually goes DOWN try to bring something home.

^ actually... there are two bikes in the chicago area I wouldn't mind looking at...

If you and I could settle ahead of time which is buying which, that cuts gas and toll prices in half.

I think my ranger could fit 2 bikes if it had to.

If it came down to that, I'd probably just borrow my ol' mans full size truck and racing trailer and we could load up 8 or 9 bikes in if we wanted to go on a spending spree.

I have an S10, so compared to your ranger, that's not much help either.