2 jetskis with double trailer

Jonan1647545505

84 Kawi JS440 with complete Westcoast engine, and exhaust, engine was rebuilt 6-7 years ago and sat for 5 of those years, unpainted primer gray complete starts right up, runs super smooth

88 Kawi JS550 with a 93 engine, or so the prev owner claims, lots of power, i cant ride it standing up at full throtle, Shiny red, looks nice, small unpainted fiberglass patch.

Both will need batteries about 30 bucks each, and the red one will need the carb cleaned. Both have clean titles, one will need reregisted this year.

Drunkendubber has ridden them before, both are standup models obviously, owned both for roughly 3 years, lots of fun, took them out maybe 2-7 times the last couple of years, also have lots of extra parts, and Haynes-like repair manual. lots more ask questions. If i sell them my starting price would be around $900 for the whole thing (both skis, trailer, all parts, manual, etc)

Thanks,

John

Cool man, I didnt know there were other stand ups around here!

I have a 650 and a 550. Yours sound like a great deal!

(you dont have covers for them that you want to part with do ya?)

If you dont end up selling them, let me know, we should ride sometime.

Yeah ive only seen two other stand-ups on the water since i bought these. two red, identical looking, on alum creek, thats where i ride them,

took them to dillon lake a couple times, less crowded,

way more fun than the sit down,

yeah if i dont sell i'll let you know would be nice to ride with some other stand-ups, sit downs always just wanna go top speed or sit still

I usually refer to them as "couches." graemlins/grin2.gif

Its crazy out in cali or anywhere on the coasts really, stand-ups are just as plentiful as the couches.

Last year we had permission to ride on a 12 or so acre lake, it was nice. A couple of my buddies have waverunners that go too, but its fun because we switch and I laugh my ass of at them trying to even stand up all while playing with electronic trim control at 80+mph. graemlins/lol.gif

In may and sept. up at Indian lake, there will be jetski races. http://www.watercross.com/lite/tour_schedule1.html I might go up. Was thinking about registering in the novice class, but I would have to do too many things to the boat, I think.

Anyway, I'll stop destroying your thread. Let me know if you have any parts that would fit a 550/650.

Hey...there is a chance that I am moving closer to salt water by the end of the year.

Are these jetskis prepped for salt water? I've got a pretty nautical family and background, but didn't know if the engine cooling system or jet drive need to be a certain construction to resist corrosion in salt water.

If they can run in an ocean, I'd be very interested in a couple of months...

Originally posted by Zeitgeist:

Hey...there is a chance that I am moving closer to salt water by the end of the year.

Are these jetskis prepped for salt water? I've got a pretty nautical family and background, but didn't know if the engine cooling system or jet drive need to be a certain construction to resist corrosion in salt water.

If they can run in an ocean, I'd be very interested in a couple of months...

You will be fine, spray it off very good with freshwater, and then flush the engine on fresh water until you cant taste the salt coming out of the exhaust.

Originally posted by BAM6I4:

I'd be interested in just one if you were willing to part, no trailer needed. Let me know the prices if so.

Matt

I was looking to keep the whole thing as a set.

Like Assured said, you just have to flush the cooling system really good with freshwater to prevent corrosion. the manual i have has guides for things like that.

• 1 year later...
dont have a camera and they are at my dads. he has a camera there, i should be going over there this weekend. i'll try and get pics then. no promises though. it is a good deal they are alot of fun but i dont have the time/someone to go with often enough, i feel bad leaving them to rot...so i figure i price it nice and someone will take them and give them a good home. ask any and all questions, they are at my dads and all the extra parts are at my moms...long story. but any way some one should buy them now and tinker with them and get familiar with checking everything before taking them out and they'll be all ready once the water warms up!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...