Anyone ever have "tuners" try to race you on your bike?

magley64

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the DDD's

I don't have any good pics on my work PC, heres a couple small shots from my phones.....

Yuppp........That's her!!! Mmmmmmm......triple D's

:lol: J/K Maag!!

fawking ricers are annoying.......I was cruising down 70 in my ls1 camaro last weekend and some riced out corolla comes flying up by me and bwababbabaa his stupid fart can....as if I would waste my time & gas smoking him. And risking a drag racing ticket on top of that

A guy that knows what he's doing can make a good tuner car though. Won't beat my bike, but it will go.

Buddy I work with can build engines from the bottom up and he has an ECLIPSE turbo'd with tons of other goodies and it pushes near 425 at the wheels it's pretty insane. It is one insane eclipse. It's so small too so it flies! He took me for a ride a few weeks ago and I just laughed as we hit 30lbs of boost and it made me laugh my ass off! It was fun as hell to be sitting in the passenger seat experiencing the G's. I was VERY impressed for an Eclipse.

He also just bought a VETTE motor and is dropping it in a very old SUPRA. Can't wait to see how that turns out. :cool:

usually when i say "tuner" i mean in import with an exhaust pipe...

there are very few people that actually put real work into their cars to make them faster, usually they put a wing on, swap the tail pipe, and put some graphics down the side...

you'll see a few with body kits, bigger rims, altezza lights, and underglow...

some people think these mods make the small import faster...

(i can't watch youtube at work)

altezza lights

oh my god. i fucking hate altezzas. they make cars look like shit. especially when they are on some mustang or something.

the only car they should ever be on is an altezza.

I dunno, at the end of the day, cars are good at a few things.

2 of the things NOT on the list are speed and performance...

I drive a Cadillac because cars ARE good for Luxury, Comfort, Style, and Accessories...and in my opinion, Cadillac is among the best in all of those categories...

Don't get me wrong, it isn't "slow" compared to other street cars, but it is NO match for a real motorcycle...

(there isn't much this side of $100,000 that is close to a motorcycle in performance)

OH....what are altezza's? Pics??

That is all I see around Dayton mostly is bodykits and pipe tips. :rolleyes:

I'd rather work on the motor before I do ANY body styling. I'm that way with bikes too. I'd only tap into body work when I maxed the motor out.

Buddy I work with can build engines from the bottom up and he has an ECLIPSE turbo'd with tons of other goodies and it pushes near 425 at the wheels it's pretty insane. It is one insane eclipse. It's so small too so it flies! He took me for a ride a few weeks ago and I just laughed as we hit 30lbs of boost and it made me laugh my ass off! It was fun as hell to be sitting in the passenger seat experiencing the G's. I was VERY impressed for an Eclipse.

I don't see why someone would go through that much trouble for that much power. I put a custom spec'd cam (spec'd by me) pushrods, and valve springs into my T/A, a clutch and full exhaust, and intake goodies and put down 433hp/402lbs/ft of tq in my LS1, go to my myspace, and check out my videos. it's in there. I don't think the dyno run is up but there's a few passes in there. Sorry, where displacement is king, I don't see the point in starting with the smallest motor possible.

I don't see why someone would go through that much trouble for that much power. I put a custom spec'd cam (spec'd by me) pushrods, and valve springs into my T/A, a clutch and full exhaust, and intake goodies and put down 433hp/402lbs/ft of tq in my LS1, go to my myspace, and check out my videos. it's in there. I don't think the dyno run is up but there's a few passes in there. Sorry, where displacement is king, I don't see the point in starting with the smallest motor possible.

Just preference I guess. I'm not going to bash his taste though because he's a really nice guy.

But I think it's more of a preference issue and more of wanting a challenge and to be different.

I mean I can say why would you waste money doing that on your T/A and look like Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit instead of just buying a Z06 Vette. :dunno:

See what I mean? I'm sure there's guys that would say they'd rather have their 1000hp Hennesey Vipers.

my point wsn't about looking like burt, it was that with a simple cam swap (okay pulling the radiator was a bit of a bitch) I had more HP/TQ than a motor running 30 psi of boost.

Here's one with the equivilant amount of work, and probably money too

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=0e8662ab-986d-48bd-821f-e3c82608545c" width="428" height="352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/GMR-SPEED-TWIN-TURBO-KIT_50495.htm">GMR SPEED TWIN TURBO KIT. 790+ RWHP ON PUMP GAS. 8</a>

after tuning and about another 45 min on the dyno that car made over 810 RWHP, and that was on pump fuel, 30PSI and race fuel would have put it WELL over 1000rwhp, I guess I don't get the point. I don't have millions to spend, so the biggest motor would yeild the best results.

I don't see why someone would go through that much trouble for that much power. Sorry, where displacement is king, I don't see the point in starting with the smallest motor possible.

I'm with ya all the way on that statement :cheers:

and LS1 FTW!!

heres a great description of the so called "tuners"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QmuepMsy6B4

A guy that knows what he's doing can make a good tuner car though. Won't beat my bike, but it will go.

He also just bought a VETTE motor and is dropping it in a very old SUPRA. Can't wait to see how that turns out. :cool:

i know a guy down from dayton who had a 400+hp civic, sold it and bought two eclipses, and i think one was probably the one youre talking about. he sold those for an s2000. i met the guy in basic training...of all places.