Anyone ever have "tuners" try to race you on your bike?

magley64

Originally Posted by Mc_spirited viewpost.gif

......We were just cruising and then Brookpark Road goes under the freeway and it is like 12 lanes of bridge, its pretty long. So we were pacing each other and both drop a gear, then as soon as we got to the bridge we both hit it.

I wasnt really pushin it that much and I knew could be faster.

Aannnndddd.....So what's that mean...He got'cha??? ;)

I notice there's no response to this one still :D

It's funny........When I was headin' outta town Sunday for the Pony, this kid in a red Civic was next to me at a stop sign. Didn't pay much attention to him......only thing "tuner" about it was the can. Anyways, I pull away normal from the light, and so does the kid, but then he starts gassin' it & I notice he's pullin' away pretty quick. So having just read this thread, I nail it & pull up next to him, then let off the throttle & look over at him. He's laughin' his ass off, thumbin' at something in the back seat. I give him a "C'mon....Go ahead" wave, & he's starts laughin' even harder & shaking his head, still thumbin' at whatever's in the back seat. At this point I wave "Bye-Bye" to him again, crack the throttle & take off :rolleyes::)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he have a child in the back or something Fonzie?

If so, he's 2x an idiot. :nono:

There was someone else in there, but I couldn't tell age. Even so, if he's gonna use them as his excuse, why go hittin' the gas after we're away from the stop? Why start somethin' you can't finish?!? ;)

This one time I was rolling up 75 in kentucky after a day of riding and this guy on a ZX 14 pulls up next to me and starts honking his horn. When I looked over at him, he started dropping gears to drag race me. So I followed suit and dropped my bike down to 2nd and laid into the throttle..... Wait, wasn't that you nick? I'm ready for round two with a new air filter and some engine work coming soon.

Anyhow, that was probably the only time I'll leave your bike behind. GET THOSE MODS!

With you being -1/+2 gearing, fully piped, and weigh sooo much less it was a win for you I agree. Me weighing much more and being totally stock didn't help at all. With my normal mods I need to get done I should be 25hp more. Plus I am running on the elliptical a lot lately trying to drop weight. We shouldv'e done a roll from 160mph and see who would win that day..:lol::p

Sucks you're moving in July down to TX, because I won't have anything done by then bro.:(

With you being -1/+2 gearing, fully piped, and weigh sooo much less it was a win for you I agree. Me weighing much more and being totally stock didn't help at all. With my normal mods I need to get done I should be 25hp more. Plus I am running on the elliptical a lot lately trying to drop weight. We shouldv'e done a roll from 160mph and see who would win that day..:lol::p

Sucks you're moving in July down to TX, because I won't have anything done by then bro.:(

160! ha, it's hard to race when you start just below redline. Although, I will be back sometime to ride again.

With my normal mods I need to get done I should be 25hp more.

WTF.....You addin' a jetpack??

Plus I am running on the elliptical a lot lately trying to drop weight.
7lbs = 1hp ;)