Researching Swap, Need Help

ancientmysts

No, I'm not just doing the engine. I plan on doing a Greddy exhaust, and a high flow cat, but those would still line up in the same spot as they are now, so I was wondering if the header would end in a different spot so that I would have to modify the exhaust or header to make it all fit together.

Originally posted by Lustalbert (more used cars than CR):

you re doing an engine swap, and are woried about keeping the cat? :confused:

just plan on putting a while new exhaust on it, help it breath better.

I thought the same exact thing. You have bigger problems to worry about, than the exhaust. But yes, I believe the header will end up in the same spot and that it is the same bolt pattern on the head. Could be wrong though. Pm Ricochet on here. He should know.

Well as I said, I'm just in the researching stage at the moment. I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the swap I want before I even attempt to buy anything. Yes, I'm looking for the B18C1, sorry about that. I just want to make sure that I'm aware of everything I will need and how much money I'm going to need before I even try to start. I'm not sure where I'm planning on getting the engine from yet, anywhere you can suggest? The only thing I'm positive on at the moment is that I want that engine, and eventually turbo....thinking of AWD in the future as well.

I heard (heard not sure if it's true, don't want any drama on what someone told me) that there was an older car, maybe Toyota, that was AWD and was almost a direct swap into a Civic. Was told that you only needed a few minor things done. High 13's with 6psi huh? I was hoping for more than 6psi...but that sounds like a lot of time. With your knowledge what would the B18C5 push, stock or with 6psi? Damn, I need to study more about cars. LOL

Thanks for correcting me Ricochet. I know when we did the swap in my buddys that we also had to use integra halfshafts and order a new shift linkage from hasport (i think thats what it is called). Now im not sure if this is becaus the tranny was different or if the motor just sat in a different location. He also had to find an ecu for it to. It is a low 15 sec car just like Ricochet said. You may also want to consider doing motor work while the motor is still out if you plan on putting a turbo on it. I dont know how well the stock internals will hold up with forced induction.

Well I planned on saving up for a little, getting the engine, but not installing it. I was just thinking of keeping it in the garage for a while to work on it. I wanted to do internals and upgrade all my fuel components. Hopefully I'll have a nice little beater by that point and I can pretty much tear my car apart to install a little more.

you should get in contact with SlowMotion Motorsports.. they are great with boost and engine swaps in Hondas.

on that note, I'm lost as to why you want to be a Mustang killer in a Civic.... If you want a fast car, buy a fast car... Are you very partial to Civic's? Used F-Bodies go for 6-7k now and those things run 13's stock... 2k worth of mod's and you can easily be in the 11's... sounds allot cheaper than throwing tons of money at a civic and being just as fast as a stock F-Body or Mustang.

Please don't make this an import vs domestic debate... I'm just woundering.

No, no, no, I don't like the import vs. domestic debates. Way to many problems there. No, I love my Civic, it's the second one that I've owned, and I'm very partial to the Honda company. There's a few other cars that I wouldn't mind having to mod, but way out of my price range at the moment. I didn't say I wanted a Mustang killer Civic (although it would be nice.) I just want to mod mine and have some fun with it. Eventually I'm hoping for the Civic to not be a daily driver, just for weekends and nights going out and such.

Did SlowMotion get a new website or completely get rid of it? I know they used to have a site for their car group, but that site is "404 Page Not Found" now. I hate that damn error. LOL. If anyone knows please let me know. Yeah, I know they do good jobs on their turbo and such, didn't know about the engine swap though. I only knew that Cory had done one. Last I heard they did "Custom Turbos", is that setup any better than say an all Greddy setup or what? Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mudbutt
suprised that no one has mentioned boosting his d16y8. Sure they wont make as much power in the end as a b series with the same mods. But for the money you can get them to 10 or so psi safely on a good tune, have less invested than the swap and have much more at the wheels than a stock b series. You can also do a built d series for change (relative) these days and make more than enough power to hose axles and tires.