Need help ASAP

Browning

96 cavalier, 5 speed. Tranny bolts were broke off at the mounts. Put new tranny in it but didnt change the mount. Cheanged front wheel bearings about 3-4 months ago. For the last 2 weeks there is a vibration/humming type grinding noise(lol) from the front. And the drivers side floorboard vibrates a good bit. When it first started we thought maybe it was the tires because they were bad, got 4 new ones, still does it. It is getting worse, what should I look for?

Hmm, something is out of balance. The CV shaft could have been bent when there was load on it rather than on the mount. The clicking he is refering to is the bearings that are seized inside the joints. It will be worst when there is the most stress.

Heres the deal. Got home, jacked it up. The wheel bearing is not the cause. So with the rim off, I turned the rotor slowly one way then back the other way. Right where the CV joint goes into the tranny, it clanks like hell! There has to be a bearing there too right? Whats it called, and would I just have to replace that, or the shaft and all??

By the way, thanks for the help! tongue.gif