Putting in dash tv in, not able to get screen to come up.

Total Sign

Alpine CVA-1003

The only wires that arent connected are-

The CD changer wire

Yellow w/ black tracer which has a boot that says "Foot brake"

Yellow w/ blue tracer Which per the sticer says To foot brake cord

and the audio interrupt in (Pink w/black) which from what I have read is for a cell phone

Now I dont want to go digging for brake wires.

Do I need to run power all the time to the yellow/blue and yellow/black wires or run a ground or what?

Any idea what is not hooked up?

Usually it wants to be connected to ground, just check in your manual.

It sounds like maybe in your case those two wires want to be connected to each other. But I'm just making general conjectures. I know every time I've had car radios with any kind of interrupt wire (usually for a phone mute) it says in the manual what they want to 'see' in order to work.

So RTFM. Or you could call the place where you bought it, unless you bought it off of an individual. Any 'store' that won't give you simple advice on how to use products you buy from them is worthless and I would never shop at.

Guest sentraracer
I have a PAC TR7 brand new if you want it for 20 bucks. on alpine units it is a combination of pressing the foot brake and hand brake in order to get the unit to work. the TR7 replicates the procedure of the foot brake and ebrake, so there is no reason to connect the wires to either brake. you can also drive while playing video, but I am not advising it smile.gif very easy install as well.

Got it in a trade,

I would link you strait to the manual, but the url does not change on the site?

www.alpine-usa.com

Then "Tech Center"

Click "Consumer Site"

then owners manuals

Head units

mobile media

CVA-1003

It seems like it wants just power, but when a wire is ran strait from the battery, it dosent change?

Guest sentraracer
dude, its not a power issue. the parking brake and foot brake must be connected in order to view anything on the screen, because you have to press them in sequence to turn it on. the part I am offering will bypass all of that, and you wont have to have your parking brake turned on to view it. 20.00 for a lot less of a headache.